Making fat cool since '71

My new "freeride" rig...

It just got delivered today. Now I can start saving for a hardtail!

Kraig...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

Tree Hugger
    Damn!! That's a shiny new tractor. Let's see some pics after she's all muddy. Planning on becoming a farmer?
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member
    Sorry, I know you are a clyde but that singletrack you ride is too wide!

Nate
    Paco the "Flyin' Finn"

meatier showers
    Deer John!

Let's see you get some air with that thing, brutha!

Hmmmm ..:selfish thoughts:.. this is going to make trailwork out at Whypass much easier... you've got a trailer to haul that thing, don'tcha?

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Deer John!

Let's see you get some air with that thing, brutha!

Hmmmm ..:selfish thoughts:.. this is going to make trailwork out at Whypass much easier... you've got a trailer to haul that thing, don'tcha?

--Sparty
    You do not want to do trailwork with those. They tip over way too easily. Trust me.

Always wear your seat belt, Kraig.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

"Progression is key!"
    Apr 2006
    I wish I had a sweet tractor like that! Can you get a back hoe attachment for that thing? Need some one to show you how to make a sweet booter wit them theres? Ha! Seriously! Any one who clowns on a tractor dosn't know what hard work is!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Eff you, you effin' eff!!!

Al, I laughed so freakin' hard on that! Thanks.

I only got about 45 minutes seat time last night before hunger and sleep called. It's just as well, as you can see from the photo the light was getting pretty low in the sky by the time all was settled and I figured out the throttle...

I got more done with the cutter in 30 minutes than I pretty much could do all damn day with my brush cutter. Why the hell didn't I buy one of these little bastards two years ago? Oh yeah, I got the wrong kind of trees on my property, money don't grow on 'em.

It has such a low center of gravity and pretty wide wheel base for the size of it I was able to put it on a pretty steep grade sideways and it didn't roll...yet. It did get close though. I don't think the approx. 400lb rock in the bucket I was moving to the fire pit helped, but who knows. Mrs. ImaKlyde said I had an uphill rear tire off the ground for a few seconds. Can you say "dropping bucket quickly"?

I'm on the road tonight or I'd be back at it right now (probably would have called in sick and "played" all day actually). Anyway, maybe I'll make a couple of doubles and a berm or two...probably not, but with the right inspiration who knows.

I'll see you guys on Saturday for the trailwork day. Sunday I'm breaking in the new guy...

Kraig...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaKlyde
    Oh yeah, I got the wrong kind of trees on my property, money don't grow on 'em.

Sunday I'm breaking in the new guy...

Kraig...
    Kraig, I laughed so freakin' hard on that! Thanks.
    You should have been there Sunday when your shirt's legend was getting quoted regularly. Now, as to you breaking in the new guy, Hopefully he doesn't read this forum, or he won't dare show. I do think he knows he's gotta bring the beer.

Tim

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Warning: Thread Hijack Ahead

Kraig,

Nice house, by the way. And a huge driveway, too, eh?

So anyway, this weekend is filled up, but is the Creswell contingent (Sparty, you, me and whomever else) up for a local exploratory next weekend? Bear Mountain, Castle Rock, etc.? Gas prices are conducive to a ride with little to no vehicle commute these days.

Lemme know. Post here or on the DOD board.

Happy Trails,

Albee

Expert Pushing SSer
    Al, I laughed so freakin' hard on that! Thanks.
    Me too, that is brilliant Al.

Freeride
    Actually Kraig, looks more like a All Mountain occasional DJ not to be confused with a XC fully 4"x4" nor a skatepark urban rig.
    Tuff Schist

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by Albee
    ... So anyway, this weekend is filled up, but is the Creswell contingent (Sparty, you, me and whomever else) up for a local exploratory next weekend? Bear Mountain, Castle Rock, etc.? ... Albee
    Could happen. I'm negotiating with a couple off-road motorcyclists about the May 6/7 weekend... I may have one day available or I may wind up with neither. I'll keep my eye on this board & stay in touch with regard to my own agenda. I wanna get to the top of Cass-AL Rock soon! That's one of several bumps that keeps calling to me...

(The others shall remain unidentified. )

What about a weekly ride up to the top each Thursday evening after work throughout the summer? The sunset views are gonna be gettin' good...

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Sounds OK, as long as you are gentle...

Quote Originally Posted by Albee
    Kraig,

Nice house, by the way. And a huge driveway, too, eh?

So anyway, this weekend is filled up, but is the Creswell contingent (Sparty, you, me and whomever else) up for a local exploratory next weekend? Bear Mountain, Castle Rock, etc.? Gas prices are conducive to a ride with little to no vehicle commute these days.

Lemme know. Post here or on the DOD board.

Happy Trails,

Albee
    Saturday would work. I'm riding Northshore that Sunday (6th) with a newer buddy/co-worker (anyone wanna come?). How does that sound?

Dave's idea of something "regular" scares me a bit, but I like the idea of riding after work when I can. Lemme know.

Kraig...