mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Mtn. biking trails near Portland area over christmas?

I am going to be staying a bit north of Vancouver in Washington for about a week around Christmas and was looking for relatively close-by mountain biking trails that might be in good condition to ride. I know things up high will probably be in snow or at least pretty wet but was hoping there might be something down low that is still good. I posted up in the Washington forum, but the Portland area is also within range so figured I would cross-post here to cover the bases.

Any suggestions? I am a pretty skilled mountain biker, so am not looking just for simple stuff. Actually, more technical/interesting stuff would be great but I will take whatever I can find.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Sandy Ridge is prime right now (very bottom is a bit muddy) . Three Corner Rock is rockin' (and in Washington) . Wilson River should be fine ( I have not ridden it in a while , so if the stupid equestrians did not ruin it this summer it will be great ) .All three are easy to find via the internet .Have fun !
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    I am going to be staying a bit north of Vancouver in Washington for about a week around Christmas and was looking for relatively close-by mountain biking trails that might be in good condition to ride. I know things up high will probably be in snow or at least pretty wet but was hoping there might be something down low that is still good. I posted up in the Washington forum, but the Portland area is also within range so figured I would cross-post here to cover the bases.

Any suggestions? I am a pretty skilled mountain biker, so am not looking just for simple stuff. Actually, more technical/interesting stuff would be great but I will take whatever I can find.
    If you ask nicely the Growlers Gulch crew in Castle Rock might show you their trails.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common