mtbr member

MTB in Vancouver, WA.?

Any riders in the Vancouver / Battle Ground area?? Gonna give Lewisville Park trail a try as soon as I get some free time.

mtbr member
    Yep - I'm 3 miles from there. Sometimes I'll rip my cross bike there and do a few laps but you'll be bored on a mtb. You could try Battle Ground Lake but watch out for horse crap and some of the trails can get pretty muddy.

Where else you ride? You been up to Cold Creek or Tarbell?

Ed

mtbr member
    Not yet. Just getting back into riding. Lived in Battle Ground for the past 10 years, but moved to Vancouver back in Sept.
    Thanks!!

mtbr member
    If you are in Vancouver then maybe heading over to Round Lake in Camas - you'll have a bit more fun there than at Lewisville Park or Battle Ground Lake combined

If you swing by Camas Bike you can hit those guys up for trail info - there is a good mix of trails there and you can easily burn a couple laps and rack up 10-15 miles

If you are up for a drive you can head east to Syncline

Ed

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I second Round Lake area. Also right near there is Fallen Leaf Lake and a network of trails.

There are a few dirt and woodchip trails on the WSUV campus that would be good for a newish rider.

The old rail grade trail between Lucia Falls (Hantwick Road) and Moulton Falls along the East Fork Lewis River is an easy spin.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    I live off of Mill Plain and sometimes go over to David Douglas and pick up a bit of singletrack. I have found some other trails and am expanding my ride. A cyclocross bike or SS would create a bit more challenge. My favorite Clark County trail is Three Corner Rock...and it is very riideable a lot of the year. Is rideable a word? I'm sure THree Corner Rock is snowed under right now though...