Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    533

    Mt Bike Oregon Update..1/2 full

    Hi All
    I am posting this update because many people have asked to be updated.
    Hope your new year is going well.

    Just wanted to let people know that 2010 reg's are coming in fast!
    August is nearly 1/2 full and July is 1/3 full.
    This time last year both were maybe 5% full.

    Last year sold and given the fast reg rate so far this year I am guessing we will sell out months before we did 2009.

    Remember we have a strict cap on the number of riders, so once we are sold out that is it, we can not allow anymore riders sorry. There will be NO onsite sign ups allowed this year.

    I hope you will join us.
    Lots of great single track
    FREE local beer

    More info @ www.mtbikeoregon.com

    Please contact me with any question: randy@mtbikeoregon.com

    Thanks

    Randy

  2. #2
    Known Mountainbiker
    Reputation: cazloco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    874
    1/2 empty.

    Caz
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    533
    Less then 1/2 now

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    64
    I am so happy that i signed up last year and i only have to stay in shape for an extra year . Damn my liver will aprieciate that .I really can not wait to get back there and enjoy the awesome trails you have there .
    just put me back on my bike

  5. #5
    Daniel the Dog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,582

    Great event!

    I went a couple years ago and really had fun. The group ride stuff can be challenging but it really is a chill environment in a beautiful area. It would be really cool if Mt. Bike Oregon moved around a bit every year. For example. a Mt Bike Oregon in Central Oregon would be awesome, but Oakridge is a magical area.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jollybeggar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,354
    Where would it be in central Oregon, if it were to be? I can't think of any place better for MBO than Oakridge, but I like the idea of more.
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

  7. #7
    Daniel the Dog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,582

    Why Shevlin?

    Quote Originally Posted by jollybeggar
    Where would it be in central Oregon, if it were to be? I can't think of any place better for MBO than Oakridge, but I like the idea of more.
    You could have the camping at Shevlin and then there would be 100's of miles of trails to ride. Heck, you can go on rides right from Shevlin.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jollybeggar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,354
    I think you should host a ACM on the east side as soon as the snow clear. I'll come ride. The dry side.
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jgusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    I went a couple years ago and really had fun. The group ride stuff can be challenging but it really is a chill environment in a beautiful area. It would be really cool if Mt. Bike Oregon moved around a bit every year. For example. a Mt Bike Oregon in Central Oregon would be awesome, but Oakridge is a magical area.
    That would be cool, but talk about a lot of trail traffic if MBO was in Bend. With all the local riders and visitors on the trails already in the summer, with another 300+ riders with MBO might be a little too much for those trails and a total blow out of dust trains come mid-summer too. Nice idea though, Bo', kind of .

    PS: Rode "J"-400 today, trails were pretty wet, but still very rideable and beautiful up top of Wauna, but for some reason I always feel a bit ripped off after doing that ride with minimal descending time to climbing ratio. And the water bars/pits on the descent from Wauna suck the flow of the descent IMO. Sorry Bo', I know it is your favorite trail. A 1-2x's/year ride at most for me or if there absolutely is no other place to ride and I am dying to get out. Going to ride Syncline or Sandy Ridge manana in early afternoon with bro if you want to join?
    Ride On!

  10. #10
    Daniel the Dog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,582

    Yep

    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta
    That would be cool, but talk about a lot of trail traffic if MBO was in Bend. With all the local riders and visitors on the trails already in the summer, with another 300+ riders with MBO might be a little too much for those trails and a total blow out of dust trains come mid-summer too. Nice idea though, Bo', kind of .

    PS: Rode "J"-400 today, trails were pretty wet, but still very rideable and beautiful up top of Wauna, but for some reason I always feel a bit ripped off after doing that ride with minimal descending time to climbing ratio. And the water bars/pits on the descent from Wauna suck the flow of the descent IMO. Sorry Bo', I know it is your favorite trail. A 1-2x's/year ride at most for me or if there absolutely is no other place to ride and I am dying to get out. Going to ride Syncline or Sandy Ridge manana in early afternoon with bro if you want to join?
    Oakridge is a gorgeous place to ride. It is probably the perfect environment for the event!

    Yep, 400 sucks! I would avoid it at all costs. It isn't my favorite but I just enjoy the rain forest environment. It isn't Syncline though.

    Not sure I will be back from Valentine weeked that early but I'm hoping to get away from the beach as soon as possible as It sucks monkey balls. I go absolutely bat crap crazy just walking the beach and sitting on my arse for too long.

    Watching the All Star Game now. If I was only born a large black man because dunking a ball would be very cool.

  11. #11
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,331
    Quote Originally Posted by jollybeggar
    I think you should host a ACM on the east side as soon as the snow clear. I'll come ride. The dry side.
    That's called Barbie Camp, Jolly. And you've already been invited lots of times.

    --Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jollybeggar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,354
    Thanks for the repeated invites Sparty, I know I should show up someday. Never know what may happen. ACM is uniquely a D.O.D thing and it really couldn't be duplicated any where else.
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •