mtbr member

Mt Bailey? Diamnd Lake area?

Has anyone ever ridden to the top of Mt.Bailey near Diamond Lake. I hiked it a couple of years ago and it seemed to me that it might be rideable. Anyway I'm headed to Diamond Lake for a week at the end June and I figured I'd get in some rides in that area while I'm there. Anyone have any suggestions?

Jolly

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

yep

me and my ole bud ken rode up about 10 years ago, yeah, it is a nice ride, a little hike a bike at the top tho.. by the way you met me two weekends ago, it was raining, and you did not want to hike with us... but hey, I remember there being some other trails not far from the lake. have fun

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I did it about 5 years ago. Tough, tough ride. I did it as the last ride of about 5 days in a row of hard riding, but I remember it kicking my @ss. Knowing what I know now, if I were in that area, I'd rather do a road ride around Crater Lake, or the upper parts of the North Umpqua Trail.

mtbr member

Its a go then

Stormrider,

I'm ready to make another stab at riding Cummins Creek. When you coming back this way?

I'm gonna put Mt. Bailey on the ride list. I've ridden most of the other trails around Diamond Lake and have climbed both Mt. Bailey and Mt. Theilsen, Theilsen is a cool mountain I've heard that it is the most lightning struck Mt. in Oregon and if you've ever been to the top you'd believe it.

So do you guys in the valley have any rides planned for this weekend? I'm looking to ride something new this weekend.

Jolly

mtbr member

Grueling ride.

Albee,

Yea, I figure it'll be a grueling ride but I plan on taking my time. I don't have a road bike sad to say and I don't think I could do it on my singlespeed. North Umpqua is tempting, but the nice thing about doing Mt.Bailey is I can start and finish at the campground no driving or shuttling needed. There is some nice singletrack that takes you out toward Crater Lake but you can't enter the wilderness area, still its good riding until the trails get dry and dusty.

I'm glad someone has blazed the trail up Mt.Bailey at least I know its doable, only question is can a mear mortal like me do it.

Jolly

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by jollybeggar
    So do you guys in the valley have any rides planned for this weekend? I'm looking to ride something new this weekend.

Jolly
    Many of the Disciples of Dirt are meeting in Oakridge on Saturday morning to do some property clearing to make a campground down by the river, then going on a ride, then camping, then going on a ride, etc.

The property is owned by Randy Dreiling of Oregon Adventures. He wants to use it to host RideFest, Oakridge Fat Tire Festival and Mountain Bike Oregon. It's a cool spot virtually within Oakridge's city limits yet remote at the same time. C'mon out and join the gang for some fun. We're meeting at the Trailhead Coffeehouse in Oakridge at 9am on Saturday, May 27.

Since the weather's iffy as I type this and the skeeters have recently become thick, Wreckless and I are going to wait to decide if we want to camp until the weekend draws a bit nearer. But she and I do plan to be there (at least) Saturday to work the campground and go on a ride.

Hope ta see ya.

--Sparty/Davey
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas