Thread: MRT Shuttle

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

MRT Shuttle

Hey there-We are heading over to Bend to ride...one of the days we will be heading to ride MRT. I have a couple questions-How far is the MRT from Bend? Also, how far is it driving from the end point to the starting point? We have 8 people riding with us and it seems that the shuttle is around $25 a person-wondering how long the drive is in case I decide to use the truck and circumvent the shuttle?
    Thanks for the help guys

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Cog Wild is well worth the money....big vans that can haul people and bikes in one trip.
    Tahoe29er

Known Mountainbiker
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksstorm View Post
    Hey there-We are heading over to Bend to ride...one of the days we will be heading to ride MRT. I have a couple questions-How far is the MRT from Bend? Also, how far is it driving from the end point to the starting point? We have 8 people riding with us and it seems that the shuttle is around $25 a person-wondering how long the drive is in case I decide to use the truck and circumvent the shuttle?
    Thanks for the help guys
    Roughly thirty miles. It's easy to thumb a ride back up the road and will save your group about $200. Of course the group will have to wait an hour while someone fetches the truck.

Caz
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

What day are we riding?
    Its about 75 miles from Bend to the parking lot at the end. Trailhead is about 50 miles from Bend. CogWild is great, but they don't always have a shuttle going when you need it. I usually dump bikes and people at the trailhead and we do rock/paper/scissors to see who drives the car to the end of the trail and hitches back.

Unless you ride an out and back...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Do the out and back. Spend the money on new tires and beer. Far better experience too. Very little climbing and about 54 miles of joy. Can you get enough singletrack...
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Thanks for the advice guys. I've used CogWild before but that was with 2 people...it's a lot more expensive with 8. I think I will just thumb a ride back up. Some of the riders in the group won't be able to do an out and back...thanks again!

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the love everyone!

Nick, if you are planning to ride in the near future, we do have a lot of availability on our schedule since it is still early season, so do let us know if you change your mind and want us to take care of the driving..

Also, you can call Horse Creek Lodge to have them meet you at the bottom and shuttle you back to the top at the start of your ride. They are based over there, so you would still have to drive there, but if you drop most of the riders at the top at least you get the shuttle done at the beginning and save some $$..

Have fun!!
    Cog Wild Mountain Bike Tours
    Sponsored by Deschutes Brewery!!