Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expert Pushing SSer

Listen! MRT - May 20th - Second Base (Part 2)

2 Week Warning!

I decided we need to revive this ride announcement for those interested in a disorganized ride on the MRT in May. So here it is (again).

Mark your calendar: May 20th
    Time: Meat in East Springfield 9:30 at Albertson's adjacent to McDonalds (right off highway 126 from Eugene on your way to Santiam Pass)
    Duration: Till I puke with laughter (intermission), then start up again!
    Distance: Approx. 27 miles of goodness (or whatever is free of the white stuff...may not be a problem)
    Prizes: Are you kidding? (see above, disorganized part). Seriously, watching me crash will be spectacular. In other words, to quote Sparticus, "You get what you pay for".

So who is in? RSVP here with interest.

PM me for those interested in helping with logistics. This way I can add details to this thread.

Meat Foot
    Disorganizer
    Last edited by Meat Foot; 05-08-2006 at 01:08 PM.
    Tuff Schist

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Foot
    2 Week Warning!

I decided we need to revive this ride announcement for those interested in a disorganized ride on the MRT in May. So here it is (again).

Time: Mid to late AM, like meat in Eugene/Springfield around 9-9:30 (location TBD, to establish shuttles, etc.)
    Distance: Approx. 27 miles of goodness (or whatever is free of the white stuff...may not be a problem)
    Prizes: Are you kidding? (see above, disorganized part). Seriously, watching me crash will be spectacular. In other words, to quote Sparticus, "You get what you pay for".

PM me for those interested in helping with logistics. This way I can add details to this thread.

Meat Foot
    Disorganizer
    RSVP'd though I will probably just meet up with you on the trail.

Pick Albertson's parking lot in East Springfield, the freeway hits main street right there and it is easy to find. Maybe park behind the McDonalds. At least that is what we (the DOD) usually do
    Just the Pictures

The Shop

The Blog

Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

Shamisen Appreciator
    Jan 2004
    Looking forward to eet.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Subject line here

Hey, MeatyBeaty, (I'm a Who fan, too),

Interest, yes. Availability, questionable. I work on Saturdays and really have to pick my spots to get my hall pass (got one for Barbie Camp!) Maybe I can join up with you on the trail later. Be sure to ride slow. Can I count on ya for that?

Really enjoyed hangin' with ya at Barbie Camp. Hope to do it again soon!

Albee

mtbr member
    Meatfoot,

What is the plan, ride from the bottom up and back again or just ride from the bottom to the top ?? I might be in with about 4 others from Hood RIver.

Nate
    Paco the "Flyin' Finn"

meatier showers

I'll be getting what I paid for...

... to quote Sparticus, "You get what you pay for".
    Meat Foot
    Disorganizer
    ...and what I paid for the weekend of May 20/21 is a cabin on Odell Lake. Wish I could join y'all fur yur MRT adventure, but me Odell Lake trip's been on the books for many moons... too late to try to alter my future reality now.

By the way, aren't you glad your parents named you Meat Foot? I mean it coulda been much worse. For example, "Meat Hand" conjures up a hole different visual. D'wanna even go there... :eek6:

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Making fat cool since '71
    No can do. I "have" to spend the weekend with my lovely wife at Salishan. Get some scabs for me.

Kraig...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

NedwannaB

Trail info?

2 Week Warning!

Time: Mid to late AM, like meat in Eugene/Springfield around 9-9:30 (location TBD, to establish shuttles, etc.)

Meat Foot
    Disorganizer
    Hey Guys & Gals,

We are coming up for the MTB Oregon Trip 8/18-20 and thinking about taking an extra ride here on our way out. My cohorts are asking mileage/duration etc. Is this and out/back or loop? What kind of time frame should we plan for cosidering intermidiate riders?

Thanks in advance.

edit-Sorry, glazed over the other post, but didn't go into ride info.......

Expert Pushing SSer
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco Finn
    Meatfoot,

What is the plan, ride from the bottom up and back again or just ride from the bottom to the top ?? I might be in with about 4 others from Hood RIver.

Nate
    I like the idea General Coonskins suggested; meat at the Albertson's in East Springfield adjacent to the McDonald's. Meating time of let's say 9:30 am, unless that really thins the herd. For those ambitious type like Paco Finn, you could depart from there on your bike and we would gladly incorporate you into our shuttle later in the day. Truly though, plan is to go top down with shuttle, to do the normal 27 mile one way. If Coonskins is going to be absent, I need another volunteer to show me the drop points.

I will save scabs in a jar for Ima Klyde.

Thanks for everyone's interest in this ho-down.
    Tuff Schist

Tree Hugger
    I plan on coming along Meatfoot. I'm game for the top to bottom ride. See ya at Albertson's. Sasquatch

I like the idea General Coonskins suggested; meat at the Albertson's in East Springfield adjacent to the McDonald's. Meating time of let's say 9:30 am, unless that really thins the herd. For those ambitious type like Paco Finn, you could depart from there on your bike and we would gladly incorporate you into our shuttle later in the day. Truly though, plan is to go top down with shuttle, to do the normal 27 mile one way. If Coonskins is going to be absent, I need another volunteer to show me the drop points.

I will save scabs in a jar for Ima Klyde.

Thanks for everyone's interest in this ho-down.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member
    Nate, I'm in for a out & back starting at the bottom. Get it together.
    Start off slow & taper off from there.

Expert Pushing SSer

Preliminary Weather Info...

So far so good. Very little precip. expected between now and the 20th. Looking forward to meeting up with some new and old faces.
    Tuff Schist

Shamisen Appreciator
    Jan 2004
    Good to know. Hope it holds out.

Singletrack Addict

I'll be counting meat

I got inventory due that day so I'm out for Saturday.

I've got Mon-Tues off though and I'm giving serious consideration to making the trip down to do the O&B from bottom to top if the upper reaches are accesible. Anyone eyeballed clear lake recently?

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Out and back would break me this time of year....

But, a trip downhill from top to bottom sounds like a good time. I might have to grab a buddy and head down next weekend....

Jaybo

mtbr member
    What does not kill you makes you stronger!
    Paco the "Flyin' Finn"

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Yaw, yaw, yaw....

I ride to have fun not to get stronger. I know, how wimpy, but riding up and down MRT would not be fun this time of year...

Jaybo

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Smile Next MRT?

Doh! May 20th is the same day as Reach the Beach ride. If there is another MRT ride scheduled, I will definately try to make it!

mtbr member
    Man, don't be so hard on yourself! No one is calling you a whimp (only behind your back!)To each their own. We all get different enjoyment out of biking for different reasons.

Nate
    Paco the "Flyin' Finn"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryBoneJr
    Nate, I'm in for a out & back starting at the bottom. Get it together.

The Kinds are possibly thinking of pre-riding some of teh Puff that weekend. Are you up for that or just stick w/ MRT?

Nate
    Paco the "Flyin' Finn"

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Wink Most bony mountain bikers should never call anyone a wimp

I was on a group ride once and a younger guy was being all arrogant, so I slapped him upside the helmet. I thought he was going to cry. But, I just don't want to turn riding stressful...and I hate feeling like I was just want off the bike because my arse is on fire and I'm cramping. I'm not racing anytime soon and I'm mediocre rider at best. I can live with that

Jaybo
    Last edited by Jaybo; 05-14-2006 at 10:45 AM.

mtbr member
    I think MOST people would agree...arse on fire is not a good thing.

I am not boney but just big boned!

NAte
    Paco the "Flyin' Finn"

mtbr member

Word is

Trail is clear of snow, except about 200-300 yards and only a 1/2 dozen or so trees down on the upper 10 miles.

Looking good for next weekend.

Richard
    Just the Pictures

The Shop

The Blog

Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

Expert Pushing SSer
    Quote Originally Posted by General Coonskins
    Trail is clear of snow, except about 200-300 yards and only a 1/2 dozen or so trees down on the upper 10 miles.

Looking good for next weekend.

Richard
    Very nice. Looks like it is going to rock. Sounds like there is a doing the out and back. Sounds entertaining. Is that your plan General?
    Tuff Schist

mtbr member
    Very nice. Looks like it is going to rock. Sounds like there is a doing the out and back. Sounds entertaining. Is that your plan General?
    My plan is to be to the top of the trail by 11am, yes I plan to ride up, and meet up with you guys. Sasquatch is going and I beleive Lauri is coming as well. They will both meet at Albertson's at 9:30am. I would suggest your trip go down the East side of Clear lake, nice lava technical stuff, then if I am running behind we can meet up, Matt and Lauri both know the way....

I think it's about time for a Roll call of who's coming, maybe as a new thread?

Richard
    Just the Pictures

The Shop

The Blog

Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast