Thread: MRT conditions

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

MRT conditions

Was up on the MRT 2 days ago. The trail is clear from the bottom TH to Deer creek. From Deer creek to trail bridge there were 3 trees down. We talked to someone doing trail work and he said the snow was clear to blue pool. Hope this helps with the long weekend plans.

mud brother.

meatier showers
    Thanks for the skinny on MRT, Brutha. Who knows, I might get up thataway on Sunday or Monday.

--Sparty

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Rode MRT yesterday from trail bridge down to the bottom TH and the whole trail was clear of blow downs and in nice shape. Not sure about the section above trail bridge but I plan to do an out and back today.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I rode up it from the bottom trailhead to blue pool a couple of weeks ago and there were only three trees down. Once you got to blue pool there were to many downed trees to keep going. It was pretty sweet riding up it. We decided to do this because we didn't know were we could start from. I've never ridden that direction on that trail before because I thought it would be really tough. Riding to blue pool and back was sweet!! it rolls up and down in both directions and compared to were I'm from it was pretty low elevation so it didn't go so bad. I was pretty tired when I got back but it was a sweet ride.
    what the fu#k is the internet?

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Rode yesterday from trail bridge to about a mile past blue pool and the conditions were perfect. All downed trees were cleared and the trail is in good shape. About a mile past blue pool the branches across the trail started becoming a pain (face slappers) so I turned around. The route back is the payoff for the climb up, technical but not too tough and very enjoyable. Not sure how accurate this is but a couple of hikers told me the waterfall at blue pool is a rare thing due to the recent amount of snow fall this past winter. I'll attempt to post a pic of the waterfall. C
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Nice!

love my Simonds 519
    Mar 2007
    Hiked to Blue Pool today. The snow line is just below Sahalie Falls with a foot or two yet to melt off up towards Clear Lake.

The waterfall is uncommon. I'm told it also creates bubbles and makes the pool less blue.

Members who have read this thread: 0