Keep Singletrack Single

Mrazek, Metolius Windigo, etc...

What a superb morning ride! I rode from Washington/Skyliner to Mrazek, Up Mrazek to Happy Valley, to Dutchman Snowpark, Down via Flagline Tie, Swede Ridge, Sector, Whoops, etc...

Trails were in superb shape due to the recent thunderstorm activity!! Of course the awesome maintenance by COTA Members helps as well! Thanks everyone!
    Phil's Trail Steward for COTA
    http://www.cotamtb.com
    Phil's Trail Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/PhilsTrail

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by willem3
    What a superb morning ride! I rode from Washington/Skyliner to Mrazek, Up Mrazek to Happy Valley, to Dutchman Snowpark, Down via Flagline Tie, Swede Ridge, Sector, Whoops, etc...

Trails were in superb shape due to the recent thunderstorm activity!! Of course the awesome maintenance by COTA Members helps as well! Thanks everyone!
    Which route did you take from Happy Valley to Dutchman Sno-Park?

Keep Singletrack Single
    Trail 99 and Flagline Access... According to the map!

It was a superb ride. Long, but worth the effort!!

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Which route did you take from Happy Valley to Dutchman Sno-Park?
    I'm curious, as you've ridden these trails a lot longer than I have, what other ways are there beside M/W-Flagline access, and Road 370?

A secret, new, undiscovered route would be awesome!

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Trail 99 and Flagline Access... According to the map!

It was a superb ride. Long, but worth the effort!!
    Was there any blowdown or did someone clear it out within the last three weeks (with a Herculean effort, I might add). Three weeks ago when I rode that route it was inundated with timber.

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer
    I'm curious, as you've ridden these trails a lot longer than I have, what other ways are there beside M/W-Flagline access, and Road 370?

A secret, new, undiscovered route would be awesome!
    There's another route down, but I've adopted a show/don't tell outlook. In general, if you haven't heard of it, or if you don't hear people talk about it, then the trail is pretty rough and primitive, or less enjoyable than the more well-known routes. That guideline holds true in this case.

Afric Pepperbird
    There's another route down, but I've adopted a show/don't tell outlook. In general, if you haven't heard of it, or if you don't hear people talk about it, then the trail is pretty rough and primitive, or less enjoyable than the more well-known routes. That guideline holds true in this case.
    Like, caveman-in-loincloth primitive??

C'mon, just a little hint??

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer
    Like, caveman-in-loincloth primitive??

C'mon, just a little hint??
    All I'm saying is bring some flint and your obsidian arrowheads, or maybe an atl atl. That primitive.

Keep Singletrack Single
    Was there any blowdown or did someone clear it out within the last three weeks (with a Herculean effort, I might add). Three weeks ago when I rode that route it was inundated with timber.
    No blowdown. Some re-routes.. That was about it. It was in great condition!

love my Simonds 519
    Mar 2007
    Of course the awesome maintenance by COTA Members helps as well! Thanks everyone!
    You're welcome. Come join us rolling 1500 pound sections of hemlock off the trail next year. It's more fun than you might think.

Was there any blowdown or did someone clear it out within the last three weeks (with a Herculean effort, I might add).
    Yeah, four or five of us had our saws quite busy on Metolius-Windigo and Flagline Access right up to the chainsaw ban, along with at least three folks I know of swamping. Lotsa blowdown this year. Lotsa skeeters too. Anybody on the stretch from Happy Valley to Mrazek owes me and Cog for the 500ish mosquito bites we got between the two of us clearing that mile.

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by twest820
    You're welcome. Come join us rolling 1500 pound sections of hemlock off the trail next year. It's more fun than you might think.

Yeah, four or five of us had our saws quite busy on Metolius-Windigo and Flagline Access right up to the chainsaw ban, along with at least three folks I know of swamping. Lotsa blowdown this year. Lotsa skeeters too. Anybody on the stretch from Happy Valley to Mrazek owes me and Cog for the 500ish mosquito bites we got between the two of us clearing that mile.
    You guys did the work? That was A LOT of work. Thank you very much.

love my Simonds 519
    Mar 2007
    You guys did the work? That was A LOT of work. Thank you very much.
    You're welcome. IMO the best thanks is to come to COTA work parties (I'll be running a couple on Met-Win this fall), but joining COTA works too. If you haven't already.

it means 'no problem'
    You're welcome. IMO the best thanks is to come to COTA work parties (I'll be running a couple on Met-Win this fall), but joining COTA works too. If you haven't already.

Word. You Rock Mr. West!
    "“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Edward Abbey

Nat
    Solo contendre
    COTA work parties never seem to coincide with my schedule so I do what trail maintenance I can on my own. Just re-upped my membership a few weeks ago!

mtbr member
    Thank you! Rode it finally for the first time last weekend. Great trail. Can't wait to hit it again tomorrow.

Keep Singletrack Single
    Done... I am renewing my membership in September and will include some extra $$$!!

love my Simonds 519
    Mar 2007
    COTA work parties never seem to coincide with my schedule so I do what trail maintenance I can on my own. Just re-upped my membership a few weeks ago!
    That's cool, but do sync up with the trail steward to coordinate your efforts. If you head over to the adopt a trail page and click on the "find a trail to adopt" link you'll get all the contact info. I don't mean to imply your work is a problem, but sadly we end up undoing a lot of well intentioned work because it's not done properly. As an example, the MTBR folks who took their hand saws out to clear Metolius-Windigo over by Sisters this year didn't clear the corridor to standard. So the trail steward for that stretch had to redo it with his chainsaw. Net result is they wasted their time and I got a somewhat annoyed phone call even though that section's 15 miles from the parts I maintain.

Always feel free to toss the trail work coordinator an email if you're looking for something to do. We got no shortage of projects.

Nat
    Solo contendre
    That's cool, but do sync up with the trail steward to coordinate your efforts. If you head over to the adopt a trail page and click on the "find a trail to adopt" link you'll get all the contact info. I don't mean to imply your work is a problem, but sadly we end up undoing a lot of well intentioned work because it's not done properly. As an example, the MTBR folks who took their hand saws out to clear Metolius-Windigo over by Sisters this year didn't clear the corridor to standard. So the trail steward for that stretch had to redo it with his chainsaw. Net result is they wasted their time and I got a somewhat annoyed phone call even though that section's 15 miles from the parts I maintain.

Always feel free to toss the trail work coordinator an email if you're looking for something to do. We got no shortage of projects.
    Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

love my Simonds 519
    Mar 2007
    Damned if I do, damned if I don't.
    Damned if you take a couple minutes to write an email? I doubt it.