Est. 1971
    Jan 2004

Moving to southern Portland area

I've accepted a job in Newberg and am looking to relocate to the Sherwood/Tualatin area because I hate long commutes.

I've done a bit of looking around, and it seems the immedeate 'local' riding it pretty sparse. Can anyone give me an update on the trails I saw on MTBR in West Linn and Lake Oswego? Also any other local knowledge around the southern perimeter would be highly welcomed. Thanks!

-Tim

Expert Pushing SSer
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_fsr
    I've accepted a job in Newberg and am looking to relocate to the Sherwood/Tualatin area because I hate long commutes.

I've done a bit of looking around, and it seems the immedeate 'local' riding it pretty sparse. Can anyone give me an update on the trails I saw on MTBR in West Linn and Lake Oswego? Also any other local knowledge around the southern perimeter would be highly welcomed. Thanks!

-Tim
    Tim,
    Congrats! You will enjoy Oregon. This time of year will be perfect to explore new options in riding. I know of nothing in West Linn or Lake Oswego. So that is news to me. Maybe a search is in order for me! As for other locations, I would recommend the coast range, eg. Brown's/Roger's Camp. Also, Molalla River Trail is decent to get some miles in. If you want to travel south a bit, Silver Creek Falls is nice too. For the weekend, the Mt. Hood area would bring a plethora of goodness. Enjoy!
    Tuff Schist

mtbr member
    Tim, check your PM box