mtbr member
    May 2008

Mountain Bike Oregon

How's Mountain Bike Oregon? How does it compare to Outerbike? I did Outerbike this year and had a blast. Thinking about MBO for next year.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    MBO is a great event. Especially if you like fast singletrack and beer. I haven't been to Outybike, so I can't compare, but I know that the promoter of MBO does go to both events.

mtbr member
    MBO rocks! and woods and beer and fun and fun folks, did I mention it Rocks!
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Noino View Post
    MBO is a great event. Especially if you like fast singletrack and beer. I haven't been to Outybike, so I can't compare, but I know that the promoter of MBO does go to both events.
    You had me at fast singletrack and beer. Can't wait!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bank5 View Post
    How's Mountain Bike Oregon? How does it compare to Outerbike? I did Outerbike this year and had a blast. Thinking about MBO for next year.
    Its a lot of fun and you can really make as much as you want out of it. Here's my short list of good and bad:

Good:
    (1) Out to ride early in the morning. We do several trips a year to Oakridge, but I always find its hard to get a group out before 10:00 am when everyone is camping and making breakfast, fixing lunches, getting bikes ready etc.

(2) Chance to do the really long shuttles. The Alpine/Tire/Winberry, Middle Fork, Bunchgrass, and even the Lawler/Hardesty combo are really nice not having to self shuttle.

(3) Bike demos. Tons of awesome stuff to check out and ride.

(4) Beer - Its excellent and there's plenty!

(5) Friends - Its a great way to meet other riders and have a great time in the evenings and on the trail.

The less good (I can't say bad).

(1) Some of the food. Randy does a good job with the resources he has (especially with the Chris King dinner and the Daves Killer Bread lunches), but the breakfasts and at least one of the dinners give me bad memories of my high school and college cafeteria.

(2) Being stuck with a group. Personally, I've never been one to enjoy being guided at anything. The guides there are great people and I know several of them. Also, the ones out front are plenty fast to keep the trails ripping. I just prefer riding on my own schedule and pace if I can, so the guided group ride is more of a mindset change.

Overall, I loved the event and am very much looking forward to going back!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Camping in the sun is my only complaint .The guide area has trees .I like trees .More trees !!!
    Last edited by poppa#1; 11-17-2011 at 07:58 AM.
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!