mtbr member

monument peak trail

here is a few pics from a ride i took this past sunday.i live just a mile warm up from the trails.no loading up and driving.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails monument peak trail-img_0347.jpg  

monument peak trail-img_0350.jpg  

Metalheadbikerider

Nice pix

Quote Originally Posted by jekramerjr51
    here is a few pics from a ride i took this past sunday.i live just a mile warm up from the trails.no loading up and driving.
    Never heard of that trail. Tell me more about it, please. Where is it? Length? Anything else.
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

mtbr member
    wow! here is a few!? i sound like a hillbilly! here are a couple of pictures for your enjoyment

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I envy anyone who lives close enough to trails to ride to them!

I'm also curious about this trail. I looked it up here: http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/northcasca...edtrails.shtml (scroll down)

but I'd still like to hear more about what it's like.

mtbr member

monument peak trail

yea,the forestry map for MPT is pretty weak.i have a map that i found on the internet under logging and blm but i cant find it anymore.the map shows some detours and trail closures.there posted for weekday logging.its cool for the weekends.the trails are in good shape for this time of year as you can see buy the pics.i have been getting a few comments and questions.feel free to contact me.anybody up for a new years ride?i didnt want to take up all this space in the open forum,but the private message wont let me attach the map,so here goes. enjoy.

mtbr member
    here is the map
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails monument peak trail-map.jpeg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I have ridden there a couple times. Grew up down the road. Watch out for the horseback riders. They built the trail system and there is a lot of them sometimes. Lots of blind corners. There are about 12-15 mi of trail. It is rough and technical at speed because the horses run rain or shine. Makes for some interesting lines.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    i think i saw you man i drove by in a big green old ford diesel.

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    I thought I was the only that had ridden those... I live in Seattle now, but my parents live a mile or so from the TH.

Picklz, I thought ODF build those, not the horses. With the old skid roads and game trails, there's potential for way more trail then whats there right now. Sucks how the 4 legged rototillers tear them up though.

There used to be bunch of (unofficial) horse trail south of Lyons too, mostly in the old clearcuts, that was ok in the winter, and also some trail immediately to the south of Mill City on BLM/ODF/Weyco land, where the Pedalfest mtn bike races were held.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Picklz, I thought ODF build those, not the horses. With the old skid roads and game trails, there's potential for way more trail then whats there right now. Sucks how the 4 legged rototillers tear them up though.
    I know what you mean, I guess I ment to say that the horse club initiated the building of the trails and help maintain it for the most part. On the climb it sucks the way it is all ripped up but it makes the decents more entertaining.