mtbr member

Molalla river trails info?

Have never rode these trails, going on labor day and wondering about the trail conditions after it rains?

mouthbreather
    Sep 2005
    They get pretty mucky, as the single track does not drain super well. With the amount of rains we've had the past few, I'd stick to the fire roads. Hopefully, the horse people will stay off as well.

mtbr member
    thanks, any suggestions for a trail that is rideable in this type of weather?

mtbr member
    There hasn't been enough rain to soak the trails, I'm betting they are nice and tacky right now.

mtbr member
    I'll second Brandon, probably didn't get enough rain to make them too muddy.

I rode out there for the first time this spring while it was raining and they were muddy then, but it was kinda fun mud to ride in.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan
    I'll second Brandon, probably didn't get enough rain to make them too muddy.

I rode out there for the first time this spring while it was raining and they were muddy then, but it was kinda fun mud to ride in.
    I rode there for years in all seasons even did a few "inspections" in the winter to see what things were looking like, there's only a few months when they're really too wet to ride. It takes a lot of rain to thoroughly soak that soil.

mtbr member
    thanks guys, i went to mary's peak instead and found out that me and wet roots don't mix very well. i-5 on labor day is no fun also, 10 mph for 45 min. can't wait to get to mollala and try it out next weekend.

mtbr member
    If the forecast is right, next weekend should be perfect.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.