Making fat cool since '71

Misery loves company

So out of 5 "maybes" two of us showed to close out springbreak properly: Brice Creek.

I had to work this afternoon so we had to start earlish (9). It started snowing outside Cottage Grove about 7 this morning. It wasn't really cold (31) but the flakes were huge and full of H2O. I've been on Brice when it's been colder (sub 20) and wetter but I've never been colder *and* wetter on Brice. Thankfully the Lake 302's and my thermal top are toasty. My crap Giordana gloves or REI skull cap...not so much. I only took a few photos since it was so wet and my camera sucks enough already. Thanks for the ride Ormtbr. Maybe he has some more/better photos.

Brock...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

It was just like a winter wonderland out there yesterday and ImaKlyde was kind enough (or crazy enough), to gladly accompany me on the ride. There were no other souls in sight and we had the entire trail to ourselves. It had been quite a while since I last rode Brice Crk and I had forgotten about the amount of exposed roots and rocks in certain parts of the trail. Since snow was covering some of the exposed sections, it made for a fun and challenging ride full of surprises lying beneath the snow. My neoprene gloves were practically worthless though and my hands got very wet and cold during the ride. Due to the numbness in my hands and fingers, I didnít take the camera out the pack except to shoot a couple of shots towards the end. Thanks again ImaKlyde.

Steve

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ormtbr
    It was just like a winter wonderland out there yesterday and ImaKlyde was kind enough (or crazy enough), to gladly accompany me on the ride. There were no other souls in sight and we had the entire trail to ourselves. It had been quite a while since I last rode Brice Crk and I had forgotten about the amount of exposed roots and rocks in certain parts of the trail. Since snow was covering some of the exposed sections, it made for a fun and challenging ride full of surprises lying beneath the snow. My neoprene gloves were practically worthless though and my hands got very wet and cold during the ride. Due to the numbness in my hands and fingers, I didnít take the camera out the pack except to shoot a couple of shots towards the end. Thanks again ImaKlyde.

Steve

What kind of bike do you have there ORMtbr? Or your riding partner. Looks just like my 2005 Stumpjumper FSR, great bike, I love it. I've done everything from long climbs on it to hitting 5-7 foot jumps on it at Blackrock. It's a bike that has done me VERY well.

mtbr member

Good Eye

Quote Originally Posted by AllOver
    What kind of bike do you have there ORMtbr?
    It's a '07 Stumpy FSR Expert w/Fox Brain Fade remote shock. I bought it at the beginning of last year and have not had any complaints with it all. It's a great handling all around XC bike IMHO

Making fat cool since '71
    Not to be outdone...mine is my 1993 Raliegh "John Tomac" edition that has a replaced/fixed toptube (injury from an incident 10 years ago), added disc tabs and is now a singlespeed.

Not that anyone wanted to know...

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member
    Haha, you're funny Brock. You get the award for keeping a dead dog alive.

Ya now that I look closer I can see part of the brain suspension sticking out above the seat stay and a slightly more curved down (err bottom?) tube. Exact same color green as my stumpy though. Glad to hear you are liking it!

Members who have read this thread: 0