Let's roll.

Might be moving to Bend...

no questions about schools.
    no inquiries about industry.
    no pondering about neighborhoods.
    just stoked.

Bend, Oregon. Proof you don't have to die to get to heaven.

mtbr member
    Sweet, you should love it there, lots of different stuff to ride and to choose from.

JG
    Ride On!

What day are we riding?
    Ok,

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallAirAndy
    no questions about schools.
    no inquiries about industry.
    no pondering about neighborhoods.
    just stoked.

Do it! Always room for another Turner rider in bend (I was at Falls City a couple months ago, parked in front of you in the white Ford). Plus we need more riders & builders out at the Lair Freeride project we are building in town ; )

Let's roll.
    Quote Originally Posted by inkpad
    Do it! Always room for another Turner rider in bend (I was at Falls City a couple months ago, parked in front of you in the white Ford). Plus we need more riders & builders out at the Lair Freeride project we are building in town ; )
    Hello again, Ink. The stoke is absolutely brutal right now. I'm heading down there for my interview this weekend and can't wait to go play in the snow. Still trying to persuade my wife to let me bring my board along, but I don't think I'm winning that one.

Have you been out to Black Rock lately? I imagine the trails are in pretty good shape right now with this dry stretch. Of course, it's supposed to start raining tomorrow or the next day.

PM me if you have any info on the Lair project; I'd love to help out.

Thanks.

-a
    Bend, Oregon. Proof you don't have to die to get to heaven.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by inkpad
    Ack! You are all making me jealous. I want to be another Turner rider in Bend! I grew up in Bend, but 'am stuck in New Jersey...sigh....oh well, the 5-spot does like the rock gardens here...

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

We so need a sticky on this subject

Bend is a nice place that is very expensive, has great recreational opportunities, awesome schools, and is a great place to live. End of story!

Jaybo

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    Bend is a nice place that is very expensive, has great recreational opportunities, awesome schools, and is a great place to live. End of story!

Jaybo
    It is a great place. My mom & sis still live there. It wasn't so expensive when I was growing up there though... In fact the house I grew up in increased in value 500% from 1990 to when my mom sold it in 2001 and the house she bought in '01 has doubled. Good for mom.

Bend was an "odd" place in the 80's through mid-90's when it was *really* making it's transformation from logging town to world-class outdoor recreation town. Downtown was ugly and depressing. 'Actually hated it there over that time period. Now, wow! Drake Park isn't one giant layer of goose crap anymore!! Hooray!!

Sigh, 'will probably never make it back--my NYC-native wife would likely never go for it. Real-estate in NJ is just as silly as Bend...so I could certainly "get there". Dunno' what I'd do to support it all once I was there, though...

Bottom line: If you love the outdoors and nice places to live; Bend is one of the best places to be. And, if you're there, don't leave! It is really tough to get back...