mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Middle fork conditions

Here's the latest from the I.O. for the Forest service.Road 21 and 23 are now open up to Timpanagos lake, on the south side only. The Middle fork trail can be ridden from the bridge above camper's flat. The trail above that is closed.Moon point is closed as well,not for fire, there is a logging operation going on around the youngs rock area.Bob O. and Kevin R. are riding from timpanagos down to see what kind of damage has been done by fire and by crews.Over all doesn't seem to bad and the middle fork is open!

Cheers
    Derrick

it means 'no problem'
    Thanks for the update, Derrick! Good news. The smoke we had over here was pretty bad on Monday, made it seem like the fire was huge.

So, where was the fire? Any OR OR trails impacted other than MF?

-W
    "“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Edward Abbey

mtbr member
    Thanks for the report D-Rock. Good to hear the MF is largely in tack. Keep us posted. I was dreading the worst, for one of my favorites. Later, Scratch

Known Mountainbiker
    Doesn't matter. We woulda opened that b!tch back up good as new yo.

Thanks D Mayor.

Caz.
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

Ovaries on the Outside
    Good to know, as I was hoping to make a Moon's Point run...

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Yeah. We rode moon point a few weeks ago. They don't have a sign at the top, only a few miles down where you cross the first small road spur. It sucks b/c you aren't even sure how exactly to get out of there. We just rode down the road and hit 2129, but it's not exactly fun...