singletrack bound

McKenzie Sept 22 nd

Passing through on my way up to Everett Washington and laying over @ Paradise Campground. How much time will it take for my wife to shuttle me up the highway and return to Paradise by car, and How much time should I allow for a solo ride 29er SS back to Paradise Campground? knowing an estimated time would be nice.
    Tone.

meatier showers
    Depends on how far up the highway she shuttles you. If up to Clear Lake, I'd say you could be back down to Paradise in as little as 3 hours if you like to rail when you're alone. If not, then 4 hours.

You didn't ask but personally I'd run slightly lower than 2:1 gearing so I could wind it up once I got below Trailbridge Reservoir. I like to refer to that zone as the Rhythm Section.

--Sparty

Quote Originally Posted by Tone No Balone
    Passing through on my way up to Everett Washington and laying over @ Paradise Campground. How much time will it take for my wife to shuttle me up the highway and return to Paradise by car, and How much time should I allow for a solo ride 29er SS back to Paradise Campground? knowing an estimated time would be nice.
    Tone.
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

singletrack bound
    I was thinking Clear Lake as a drop off point. where do you recommend the wife drop me off at? Hwy access wise @ Clear Lake?
    Also, How much drive time do you think it will take her to shuttle me up there and return to Paradise Campground?

meatier showers
    There are three places she could drop you depending on how much time you have. The upper MRT trailhead is above Clear Lake, almost to Fish Lake but on the opposite side of the highway. By car, that trailhead is probably close to 20 miles above Paradise so her total travel time, round trip including off loading the bike would probably be about an hour.

Second option is Clear Lake Resort; would save her 10 minutes driving time compared to the upper trailhead. This is a nice place to start the ride.

Third option is to drop you where the trail crosses Hwy 126 above Sahalie Falls. This is at the turn into Coldwater Cove Campground. Would save her another 10 minutes maybe.

If you've got plenty of time to ride, I'd recommend getting dropped off at either of the upper options, but starting at the highway crossing just above Sahalie Falls is still very worthy and would save probably 45 minutes of trail time compared to starting at the upper trailhead.

--Sparty

I was thinking Clear Lake as a drop off point. where do you recommend the wife drop me off at? Hwy access wise @ Clear Lake?
    Also, How much drive time do you think it will take her to shuttle me up there and return to Paradise Campground?
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Tree Hugger
    Get dropped at the very top. It's only 5 minutes drive from Coldwater Cove to the upper trailhead, and it's worth it to ride. Sweet trail, and a good warm up. Go around the east side of Clear lake for the best views.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

singletrack bound
    Hey, Thanks you guys....I see on a map where the trail crosses 126 above Sahalie Falls and the Clear Lake Resort drop. It looks like I will probably go for the trailhead above Clear Lake as the drop off and do the E. side of Clear Lake as mentioned....Thanks again, timing is everything as we are squeezing in a few rides as we make our way up to visit our daughter in Everett Washington. We will be coming through on the way back. Haven't decided on our return destination quite yet. May be Oakridge/Bend/N.Umpqua area... we are car camping and I noticed the higher elevations are beginning to get pretty cool over night.We'll see.

singletrack bound
    You didn't ask but personally I'd run slightly lower than 2:1 gearing so I could wind it up once I got below Trailbridge Reservoir. I like to refer to that zone as the Rhythm Section.

Sparty....so i understand the upper section is "Rock & Roll"?
    I'm running 32x19 so I'll be spinnin' @ the bottom...
    Tone.

meatier showers
    That should be a fine gear.

Sas mentioned the east side of Clear Lake, which is my personal fav, too. Just know that it's got some challenging lava sections. You'll be amazed by how much of it you can clean if you just keep a little momentum and keep pedaling. Enjoy.

--Sparty

Sparty....so i understand the upper section is "Rock & Roll"?
    I'm running 32x19 so I'll be spinnin' @ the bottom...
    Tone.
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

singletrack bound
    Thanks for all the info......I will keep those BIG WHEELS turning!
    Tone