VP/ Terrain Designer

McKenzie Bridge Trails Conditions

Just wondering if anyone knows if the Castle Rock and O'Leary Trails are free of snow?

Thanks.
    Braun Enterprises LLC, Building Cool Stuff

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Should be. I heard Alpine was clear from Windy Pass down. Hardesty/Eula was totally dry and nice today, 3 blowdowns on Hardesty. I've seen pics of folks hiking to the top of castle rock, so the trail should be good.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Castle Rock is open and has been for quite some time, but I seriously doubt O'Leary is (being at over 5500 feet in many places). Olallie might be open on one side if you ride up trial, although it's probably full of trees down. We rode Alpine yesterday (Jedi is kinda open at the end if you ride up trail til snow) and Windy is definitely open.

VP/ Terrain Designer
    has anyone ever checked out the Frissel Trail? Rangers at the District office said it was open to bikers and had some pretty technical terrain on the top section. We scoped the bottom of the trail last year, but it was late in the season and snow shut us down before making it very far. Looks like some fast fun flawy trail down lower. You have to drive through the H.J. Andrews experimental forest in order to shuttle to the top. Any info would be great. Shred on y'all.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I rode/hiked up and down it two years ago. It's short and was pretty good. Kinda a rougher trail with some weird features/turns. Pretty far out for such a short trail, but if you're going to be shuttling, why not?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    If you decide to go up there again, you should send me a message. I'd love to go out there with you. I have a small truck for running up and down. I'd be coming from Eugene and wouldn't mind meeting in the area.

VP/ Terrain Designer
    will do Baker!

DOD Member
    As of yesterday, on MRT you will encounter snow from 126 to Carmen Reservoir. There are places where the snow makes it very difficult to guess where the trail is. From Carmen down, the trail is awesome. 1 tree down below Blue Pool and clear to Belknap after that.

Mr Baker nailed the probable conditions on O'Leary/Ollallie KC...
    MaxSteel

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    The bottom part of O'Leary was clear of snow. We rode up the trail a bit after taking the cut in off the 1900-411 road and also saw no snow at about 4700 ft last Sunday. However, conditions could have easily changed between then and now.

Check out GPS track for more info (forgot to turn it on for a bit): Mountain Bike Ride Profile | O'Leary bottom half near Lane, OR, USA | Times and Records | Strava