mtbr member

MBO: cel phone reception?

My wife is due in a month, so I gotta bring my cel (it's amaing that she's even letting me go!). Can anyone comment on what the cel phone reception is like? At the campground? In Oakridge? In the mountains where the rides are?

Also - anyone have directions to the main Oakridge pump track? Directions are on the MBO site to the Westfir track, sort-of...googlemaps doesn't seem to show where "Alpine Road" is...

Thanks,
    -Scott

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbhead
    My wife is due in a month, so I gotta bring my cel (it's amaing that she's even letting me go!). Can anyone comment on what the cel phone reception is like? At the campground? In Oakridge? In the mountains where the rides are?

Also - anyone have directions to the main Oakridge pump track? Directions are on the MBO site to the Westfir track, sort-of...googlemaps doesn't seem to show where "Alpine Road" is...

Thanks,
    -Scott
    I could not find the description you mentioned. There is no Alpine road unless they just renamed something.

The Oakridge track is at the west end of Commercial Street.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbhead

Thanks,
    -Scott
    Cell reception: in town/camp. good (unless you have Tmoble apparently). On the trails: depends which trail and where on the trail. Mostly spotty at best.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    My cell worked fine at the campground area and in Oakridge in general.

Bike shop in town can tell you exactly where the pumper is
    i never thought i'd be 43 and living here......i kinda wanted to be a rockstar..." Mark Hendershot

mtbr member
    AT&T works fine in town, spotty to none on the trails...
    2008 Heckler

Singletrack Addict

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    I could not find the description you mentioned. There is no Alpine road unless they just renamed something.

The Oakridge track is at the west end of Commercial Street.
    Thanks - and sorry - my bad, it's the Westfir track that is apparently near the end of "Alpine ride" (not road):
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mounta...on/46862708682

And, I'm on Verizon...