Obviously Single

MBO 2009 Thank You BBQ and Ride

Hi All:

I must confess that the only reason I was a guide at Mountain Bike Oregon last August was to get a really cool MBO Guide Mug. I love one-of-a-kine can't-get-anyplace-else things, I love beer, and I love MBO, so I needed a mug like my friend dahoos had.

So I was really disappointed (well, crushed) when I didn't get a mug since I missed getting on the pre-order list.

Truth be told, I had so much fun it didn't sting too badly. But then it turned out Roland had some more mugs, and the MBO folks (thanks Randy) wanted to have a "Thank You/Reunion" BBQ and south of Eugene.

So Dan (another MBO guide) from WA and I headed down for the MBO ride, and so that I could get my dang mug!

We had a great time riding and later drinking with our DoD buddies! (I worked with lots of different bike clubs, and you guys RULE!)

Pictures do not include any trail pics, since I was so having a good time I did not want to stop at all, except for the occasional pause to wipe the huge-a$$ grin off of my face. So here are the pics I did get. (Note the link at the end for video of Davey amazing one and all.)

Heading west from Sherwood. A hint of Sunshine to come (and you can just make out Mt. Hood in the pic, if you squint just right):

Daniel tries to concentrate on the road as I yell "say cheese!":

A scary self-portraid:

Some parking lot view as we pulled in about 11 AM (hey, that's pretty close to 10AM!):

A B-load (box-load) of Gorge Delight Bars (this pic is for you, Don!):

Dan seems to be lost, but he's really looking for the beer:

These folks seem to be happy. Ah, they've found the beer:

Ah! Here's the Beer! Thanks OakShire!

It was just the right temperature for a nice fire:

The fire can warm up either side of the human body:

Here's the DoD van, Davey's big bike, and Davey's bygone-era music (if only you could hear it):

Score! I got my MBO Guide Mug! Well worth the trip, not to mention the beer, the riding, and the cool people (not in any particular order):

Dan asked me to check on our bikes, and sure enough they appear to be drunk and goofing off while we work hard at drinking beer:

As I get ready to go, another shot of the camp fire area:

A few more (it was hard to leave, as my beer glass kept getting refilled some how!):

Lastly, right before I headed home, I managed to get some video of the Mighty Davey Sprocket riding his Big Bike down a Death-defying cliff (well, a hill, anyway) in the gravel pile area. This is really is steeper than it looks in this video:

(Hope you've enjoyed viewing pictures of the super-secret MBO Guide Society.)
    The Lee-Man

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

meatier showers
    Yo Lee,

The house always feels like a happier place when you're in it. Thanks for comin' down thisaway to share the good times wit yo MBO/DOD brethren & sistern... or just to pick up your pint glass as the case may be.

Whatever. Glad ya dugit.

--Davey
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Obviously Single

Gotcha!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Yo Lee,

The house always feels like a happier place when you're in it. Thanks for comin' down thisaway to share the good times wit yo MBO/DOD brethren & sistern... or just to pick up your pint glass as the case may be.

Whatever. Glad ya dugit.

--Davey
    Dude! You know I'm 99% teasing! I certainly did want my mug -- had to be honest about that, but I love visiting with you guys! I wish I could get ya-all to move up to my neck-o-the-woods!

You guys hosted a great ride and party, as usual.
    The Lee-Man

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

mtbr member

You need to move...

..where your neck-o-the-woods is.

Good riding with you and getting to visit.
    See you next time. Will you be down to experience the secret trail network in its real glory state (muddy) for ACM?

Cheers,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by LeeMan
    Dude! You know I'm 99% teasing! I certainly did want my mug -- had to be honest about that, but I love visiting with you guys! I wish I could get ya-all to move up to my neck-o-the-woods!

You guys hosted a great ride and party, as usual.