mtbr member
    May 2013

Manzanita area riding?

I'm heading to Manzanita with the family for a week in a beach house at the end of July. Unfortunately it's not a "biking" vacation, but I should be able to sneak away for a couple of rides while there. Is there anything within a 30-45 min drive of Manzanita?

This is my first research , so I'm hoping some of the OR locals can point me to trails or websites to check out. Thanks!

mtbr member
    There's not much but I did have fun on this short trail (especially coming back down from the upper section): http://apps.oregon.gov/application/P...ailmap2008.pdf
    18 miles east of Astoria on Hwy 30 so it's a long way to go for a short ride but you can do it a few times.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

Afric Pepperbird
    If I were you, I'd skip the biking, and search for the long lost buried hidden treasure of Neahkanie Mountain.

Manzanita, Nehalem, Wheeler - Guide to the Northern Oregon Coast

The legendary Spanish gold of Neahkahnie Mountain | Offbeat Oregon History | #ofor

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Sorry to resurrect a long-dead-and-buried thread, but I'm doing the same thing in August and will be in Manzanita for a week. I'm wondering if the biking situation has improved any since 2013? I understand there is a ride in the Cannon Beach area (Cape Falcon?), but any other ideas would be welcome. Thanks!
    2013 Salsa Horsethief 2

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Don't know about single track, but that area is loaded with logging roads. We were out there last month with the cross bikes. We just pointed them towards the hills and soon enough found plenty of dirt. So, it may not blow you away from a MTB perspective, but if you want some dirt and a work-out, just grab a map and go.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I'll check out the logging trails--has anyone done the Cape Falcon ride? Is it fun?
    Also, we're staying one night in Portland and I read you can't bike on Mount Tabor? Anyone local who can confirm that's the case?
    2013 Salsa Horsethief 2

mtbr member
    May 2012
    No idea about Mt Tabor, but I'm from Tillamook and if you're down for a decent drive, you can ride Gale's Creek between tilly and portland. Might be a bit longer drive than you want to take... No idea about Cape Falcon though

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    That may be too far. The whole point of driving from Montana to the Oregon coast is to spend a week more or less in place. Not driving any more than necessary. I'm willing to drive a bit to ride and we'll head into Cannon Beach at least one day when I can try that Cape Falcon ride.

I appreciate all the comments and ideas so far. If anyone has any others, please let me know!
    2013 Salsa Horsethief 2