mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Lower Whoops work?

I am new to the Bend area and last year about this time lower whoops had a lot of work done on it. It is pretty beat up from the summer right now, does anyone know if there are plans for a work party? If so, I would like to help out and meet some folks.

limplizard
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by drew502 View Post
    I am new to the Bend area and last year about this time lower whoops had a lot of work done on it. It is pretty beat up from the summer right now, does anyone know if there are plans for a work party? If so, I would like to help out and meet some folks.
    Work events are posted here: COTA Calendar

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I am the adopter/builder of whoops. I am thinking of having an official COTA work party on Saturday October 29th. Hopefully we will get more rain before then, but the moisture content is passable now. I will make it official on the COTA site soon.

Afric Pepperbird
    I just rode T'winks/Funner loop for the first time since August. I can honestly tell you it's in far greater shape than back then. I was very surprised at how well it was today. Must be the recent rain and/or frozen nights.

Gittyup!
    Just a heads up - looks like the logging work/traffic started up yesterday. There was signage of work in the area, but no closure of the road. There was a bulldozer on 301 - looked to be grading out the road for log trucks. Made it a chore to climb - very soft dirt. Hoping all that gets packed down w/ the truck traffic. Stayed well clear of him when approaching. He actually stopped, lowered the RPM's, and waved us by. Thought that was good of him. Hoping they don't do any logging on the trail proper. The bulldozer was in the woods on the trail side at one point, but not sure of what he was doing there. Anyone know if work will be done that will affect Lower Whoops trail itself?

Afric Pepperbird
    Doh!! I just realize my last post made no sense. You mentioned Whoops, not Wanoga.

Please ignore me.

limplizard
    Sep 2009

Whoops Work Event 11/5/11

Quote Originally Posted by drew502 View Post
    ... does anyone know if there are plans for a work party? If so, I would like to help out and meet some folks.
    Whoops Work Event, Saturday, 11/5/11. For information, see: Whoops Work Event 11/5/11