mtbr member

Looking for dog friendly rides in Ashland, Bend, Prineville

Doing a quick 3 day trip next weekend.

Riding isn't the reason for the trip, but we'd like to ride a bit everyday.

We're looking for dog friendly singletrack loops/out and backs that are about ten miles in length. By dog friendly I mean smooth dirt, minimal sharp or loose rocks, and partial or full shade. Dog is great with all other trail users so a bit of trail traffic is no issue.

If the dog doesn't get a few fast paced miles each day, she becomes a horrible travel partner.

One day in Ashland and 2 days in Prineville is the schedule. No problem to drive to out of the way trail heads if the riding there will be quality.

Thanks in advance.

Keep Singletrack Single
    Deschutes River Trail......in Bend...
    Phil's Trail Steward for COTA
    http://www.cotamtb.com
    Phil's Trail Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/PhilsTrail

mtbr member
    one possible route from ashland to 97 could take you up dead indidan memorial highway and past fish lake and lake of the woods. although it's pretty high in elevation, there is a flat, very buff trail up there. start at fish lake cg on hwy 140. the dog will love it.

toothpick in ashland is buff and dog friendly.
    river trail in bend.
    "if you can't be good, be good at it."

OTB 1 Tree=2 frac vert

No Dogs

If i see another dog in the traiI,I'm not going to take the hit. I'm a dog lover and have done more than my share to save strays. But your dog in my way is your problem, not mine. One good high speed manual over your stray dog will save my ass. I'm not going to the hospital again over somebody elses dog.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    So... aside frome the retard that thinks all the trails are his and his alone... dumbass!
    Toothpick trail and Caterpillar trail on Mt Ashland are suggested Dog routs. You can get there via Tollman Creek Rd. Off either Siskyou blvd. or Ashland st. both are exits off the I5 and west twards town one light in.
    To the Dog hitter... what if it were a kid ambiling about on either the trail or road? You need to be responsible for your riding and not let your DH need out weigh good judgment.
    people like you are the problem with mtbing!

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=dtrancex]If i see another dog in the traiI,I'm not going to take the hit. I'm a dog lover and have done more than my share to save strays. But your dog in my way is your problem, not mine. One good high speed manual over your stray dog will save my ass. I'm not going to the hospital again over somebody elses dog.[/QUOTE

Good luck with your physical and mental recovery!

To the other riders that got the point of my post and offered up particular trails, thanks. Current plan is to get all those rides in.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the trail advice.

We were able to ride more than we anticipated.

Mt Ashland, Applegate Lake, Deschutes River, and Fish Lake Trail.

All good stuff. Dog loved the singletrack and swimming combo that the lakes provided.

Will be going back in the future to ride more around Brown Mountain.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by dtrancex
    If i see another dog in the traiI,I'm not going to take the hit. I'm a dog lover and have done more than my share to save strays. But your dog in my way is your problem, not mine. One good high speed manual over your stray dog will save my ass. I'm not going to the hospital again over somebody elses dog.
    I hear you but I have had far closer calls with moronic mountain bikers not paying attention or going to fast than someone's dog.

Jaybo