mtbr member
    May 2004

Longer and lower make sense.

If you took a rigid mountain bike streched it and lowered it this is what you would have.....

My wife and I have really enjoyed riding these bikes. We use them to get to work and pleasure riding.

We find them to be safer and more comfortable than other bikes we have owned. We ride them about 120 miles a week just going back and forth to work.

These pics were taken last Tuesday, she was going to work and I was going day camping. The bikes are funny looking but oh so comfy and pretty fast.

Pics..............

1. His and hers, I build mine up from a frame, hers is stock.

2. Dots Fusion, 1000 miles in two months.

3. My Fusion fully loaded for a one day vacation.

4. Two river tubes, crazy creek chair, snorkel/fins/mask, sandals, 6 beers, bare essentials for a day of fun and relaxation.

5. One size frame fits us both. Makes it easy for anyone to ride, feet flat on the ground when stopped.

6. Dot's bike with rack and trunk bag, mirror, and computer. Rear kickstands are cool.

7. It handles wonderfully with a heavy load. Low center of gravity and longer wheel base helps a lot.

8. Mountain bike gearing, I dislike front derrailleurs. No real need on flat terrain.

9. The reflector bracket keeps the chain from falling off, I use the big ring 95% of the time.

10. Brush knife and saw tucked into the chair, I always use old rd tubes to lash gear on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Known Mountainbiker

Wait. What?

Only six beers?

caz
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

mtbr member
    But have you actually tried riding it on a really MTB trail like the MRT? Yes this is a challenge, if anybody is up to it Lef-t I know you are, try and post a ride report.
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

Ovaries on the Outside
    Weird bikes. I'm jealous that you have a wife who will ride 120 mile days.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth

he said weeks...
    2008 Heckler

mtbr member
    May 2004

Lower MRT would be doable.

Quote Originally Posted by jollybeggar
    But have you actually tried riding it on a really MTB trail like the MRT? Yes this is a challenge, if anybody is up to it Lef-t I know you are, try and post a ride report.
    I can't really do roots or drops, I think 2.0 tires would fit fine. Gravel roads no problem. I might be able to keep up with the slowest rider depending on how hi the bar is.

It's gotta be easier than doing Crawfish on my fixie today. That really sucked.

mtbr member
    May 2004

I bought three more on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by cazloco
    Only six beers?

caz
    I only had six with me, plus a small ice chest that fell off on the way home.....

mtbr member
    May 2004

We do 22 a day back and forth to work.

Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    I'm on my bike at 5am, it's 11 miles one way to work. I don't see a lot of fast bikes in Springfield. I do try to keep up with roadies when they pass me. It's a very fast commuter by Springfield standards. I enjoy blowing by all the Wally world trash and BMX / and Mt Bikes.. Real roadies would smoke me.

I love how safe I feel on busy steets with my head up.

highly visible
    Hey Lef-T, sorry I didn't see this thread 'til now. Very nice setups! I especially like the simple, light, smart chain retention device.

They may be weird bikes, but they sure are fun -- and they are faster than most people would think.

I test rode both a Fusion and a Dynamik earlier this spring, and I'm really tempted. I found myself as fast or faster than on a traditional diamond frame bike, especially on seated climbs (something that is NOT true of me on a recumbent, and the main reason I can't see myself getting one). I also like the comfort and heads-up positioning, with no apparent loss of performance. Personally I like the handling of the Dynamik better and found it easier to stand out of the saddle, something I like to do a fair amount.

Either way, they're awesome bikes. It may take a year or two to work it into the budget, but I think eventually my commute/road setup will be a Crank Forward. Fortunately they're available frameset-only since I have most of the parts I'd need. I'd keep the FS rig for "real" mountain biking on wet or technical singletrack, but on dry, moderate offroad terrain these rigs do pretty well. I also like the cargo-carrying ability (look at all that unused space between the seat tube and the rear wheel, perfect spot to carry heavy items), which would be great for touring on moderate terrain as you've shown. Enjoy!
    "People like GloyBoy are deaf. They are partisan, intellectually lazy & usually very angry." -Jaybo