mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Long Lost Oregon Coast Bike Trail

Hello all,

I'm looking for a trail I rode about 6 or 7 years ago I think somewhere around between Newport and Lincoln City.

It was a fireroad climb and the trail entrance had a HUGE teeter totter going over a stump. I'm talking about 40 ft long with rotation! (Props to the trailbuilder) Then a pretty steep downhill style trail all the way down to the coast.

It wasn't an officially marked trail so I'd understand if you don't want to post on the forum. In that case please send me a PM. I'm not trying to share it with anyone, I'd just like to relive that amazing trail.

Thanks.
    2011 Santa Cruz V-10

2008 Giant Reign X

2007 Specialized Allez

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curler View Post
    Hello all,

I'm looking for a trail I rode about 6 or 7 years ago I think somewhere around between Newport and Lincoln City.

It was a fireroad climb and the trail entrance had a HUGE teeter totter going over a stump. I'm talking about 40 ft long with rotation! (Props to the trailbuilder) Then a pretty steep downhill style trail all the way down to the coast.

It wasn't an officially marked trail so I'd understand if you don't want to post on the forum. In that case please send me a PM. I'm not trying to share it with anyone, I'd just like to relive that amazing trail.

Thanks.
    I believe the trail you mention was called "Upper" trail of Cummins Creek just south of Yachats out of Cape Perpetua that was officially decommissioned by the FS two years ago. I was pretty bummed cause i climbed all the way up to the top to ride it. The killer 2 mile section at the end, "7 Stitches" was just officially decommissioned this year too that dumped you right on the coastline. Cummins Creek trail is still there of course and still great to ride when dry, but without the other sections, just not enough trail to bring me there anymore unless just passing thru.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    How sad...the lack of ST on the coast is weird.
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!