Keep Singletrack Single

Little warmer in Bend....How are the trails?

Anyone ride Phils or the DRT? Reports please! Thanks!!
    Phil's Trail Steward for COTA
    http://www.cotamtb.com
    Phil's Trail Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/PhilsTrail

mtbr member
    The Phils Triangle is not ready to have riders on it yet. A group received word that Phils was clear to the chicken on Sunday. Our CX ride was rerouted by snow-pack on the double track going towards Shevlin, so we looped back to Phils trailhead and road to the chicken. Phils was just "okay", clear of snow but had a couple of soft spots. I advise against any riding in the Phils trails system at this point. I have no idea what DRT looks like yet, but I am sticking to the road bike/cx bike and doing some rides out towards Horse Ridge. My 0.02$

Keep Singletrack Single
    Thanks. That is what I thought. Horse Ridge and Maston this weekend!!!

We don't want ruts on the trails.....
    Phil's Trail Steward for COTA
    http://www.cotamtb.com
    Phil's Trail Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/PhilsTrail

mtbr member
    Grey Butte is no good. The road up to the trailhead was in good shape, but at the start of the trail it was gumbo, turned around and came down the road. Kinda fun, took about 8 seconds!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'm gonna be in bend this weekend, is it worth bringing the bike? I'll ride about anything!

mtbr member
    horse ridge is running great- so are cline and maston (from what i hear)- phils is too wet to ride- even though the snow is higher in elevation- the trails dont need bikes on them this time of year- if your looking for good trail riding horse ridge is where its @!
    Holy Cow----Why remove obstacles--when they can be ridden....

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'll probably bring it. Don't know how much time i'll have to ride until sunday. Thanks for the info!

please, just ride
    Horse Ridge has no rocks left.We took them all out and put them on Phil's, due to complaints about how smooth the trail was.

Maston and Cline Butte are riding well, but you WILL get run down by some crazy flying out of control downhiller on a 7 inch travel 29er singlespeed.

If you are in PDX, stay there and ride that sweet new trail in FP.

Seriously, what Seth said above. Bring your bike, go to Maston or Horse Ridge or maybe even Peterson Ridge in Sisters. Phil's network is sloppy unless you catch it REALLY early while it is still frozen solid.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by seedy
    Horse Ridge has no rocks left.We took them all out and put them on Phil's, due to complaints about how smooth the trail was.

Maston and Cline Butte are riding well, but you WILL get run down by some crazy flying out of control downhiller on a 7 inch travel 29er singlespeed.

If you are in PDX, stay there and ride that sweet new trail in FP.

Seriously, what Seth said above. Bring your bike, go to Maston or Horse Ridge or maybe even Peterson Ridge in Sisters. Phil's network is sloppy unless you catch it REALLY early while it is still frozen solid.

Now that's just funny. Thanks for finding the humor in all of this interweb drama.

Ride and smile

Heading out for a CX ride from Horse Butte around Horse Ridge and back home. Isn't living in Bend fun!?

Most everyone else will be up slashin' POW turns at the mountain. 16" in two days. Mmmmmm, tasty!

Muy Borracho

Horse Ridge

Horse Ridge is in Primo shape right now. It's as good as it gets! Couldn't be happier with the 100 yards of rocks somebody removed. Me and my 29er are stoked!

it means 'no problem'
    ^^^ +1 I like the re-route and the new drainage. Makes the trail more sustainable.
    "“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Edward Abbey

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Damn it! Wish I would have stuck around and headed for Horse Ridge! I did ride maston. Nice to have around town. I probably wouldn't go back. haha. Unless I'm there looking for a cardio workout.

Horse ridge sounds fun. Maybe next time. If anyone is passing thru Klamath, our trails are getting better.(still need to be frozen to ride, not dry yet) Trails are being built by mountain bikers...for mountain bikers. If you like rocks.

Thanks for the info. See some of you this spring!

mtbr member
    Horse Ridge is way better than Maston- but @ least there are a few options that are rideable all winter- better than going bonkers waiting for the snow to melt- and Horse Ridge has a bit of everything- climbs- rocks- speed- its a great option- and different than the spring/summer riding of phils-
    Holy Cow----Why remove obstacles--when they can be ridden....