DOD Member

Little Bunchgrass/Heckletooth

ImaClyde and I had a fabulous day on the trail. Started out in a couple inches of snow! The pics show we were following the only other creatures to venture down that trail. Deer and bunnies. Derricks Deadly switchbacks proved to be quite entertaining, and quite impossible for this mortal. At one point between switches, I lost my front wheel over the side in a spot where there was no bench, therefore no duff, therefore no traction just hard, slick clay. I put my foot down to save myself and slid 10 feet down the slope. When I tried to stand up to get back up to the trail I started sliding and didn't stop till I hit the trail below. I hollered up to ImaClyde not to "do what I had done", but he followed suit perfectly. He was sliding on his butt, following his bike all the way down to the trail where I was standing. I would guess it was a 40-50' well executed buttslide with a wry grin on his face the whole way down. After that section, the trail was very ridable and fun! We both biffed a few times. At the midpoint on Heckletooth we saw a skunk and I didn't feel so bad about leaving my dog at home today. A little better than 14 miles, 1500' of climbing, 3560' of descending.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MaxSteel

DOD Member

pics

more pics
    MaxSteel

Tree Hugger
    Looks fun, but cold. Hopefully that snow will melt soon, so I can spend one last day in the high country before Barbie Camp
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

DOD Member

pics

last pics. It wasn't cold at all. The snow was on the verge of melting and was dropping out of the trees when we shuttled back up for Ima's car. We had our coats off 80% of the time. That last photo of the sign is on Heckletooth and we got a big kick out of it. It appeared along the trail after we had our butts off the seat hanging over the back tire, and the sign implied it was about to get steeper!!
    MaxSteel

mtbr member
    Good one boys. My planned activity was cancelled - of course I didn't find out until this AM, or I would have joined y'all.

Flaps

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Sigh....

Looks like a taste of winter as well as a taste of fall. Nice pics, beautiful colors. Your day beat the he!l out of mine!

meatier showers
    Nice! Whoa, I hope I don't have to buy chains for Chester just to get to Barbie Camp (3 weeks hence). What a weird fall we're having. Anyway, glad you two found enjoyment in the early-winter-like conditions. Where's the butt-slide photo?

--Sparty

P.S. "Chains for Chester"... sounds like a B movie...
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Making fat cool since '71
    Under the right conditions the combo of Bunchgrass/Heckletooth could quickly become one of my favorite rides. You know I love that steep/techy stuff and there was certainly some of that. What a great freakin' day we had. The ride was super-duper and the company most excellent. I still can not put all of my weight on my left arm, but it's all good...or will be...soon.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaKlyde
    Under the right conditions the combo of Bunchgrass/Heckletooth could quickly become one of my favorite rides. You know I love that steep/techy stuff and there was certainly some of that. What a great freakin' day we had. The ride was super-duper and the company most excellent. I still can not put all of my weight on my left arm, but it's all good...or will be...soon.

Brock...
    Lucky for you you're right handed.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

a tight kick sound
    Looks awesome!!
    Super super ride

That helmet brock...ummm...it looks pink? teeheheheh

oh also, your rockers are at WWs Thanks again.

JB

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Looks ... wet!

Great day guys! Thanks for sharing the pics. All smiles, all the time.
    Rockingless