Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ronbo613

Let The Games Begin

Snow has melted; the rain has finally stopped and the sun came out. The 2010 Mountain Bike Season is officially open.

meatier showers
    I've been to that place a thousand times. Or never... can't remember which.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Singletrack Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo613
    Snow has melted; the rain has finally stopped and the sun came out. The 2010 Mountain Bike Season is officially open.
    Let's get it started!

Friday I intend on attempting the summit of Three Corner Rock.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    I thought it started 46 days ago.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

ronbo613
    I thought it started 46 days ago.
    Technically, it did; but we don't count the real start of the season until we can walk out the front door, hop on the bike and ride into the woods.
    We're at about 2000' here; at this time last year there was more than a foot of snow on the ground.
    Gonna try snowboarding in the morning and mountain biking in the afternoon a couple days this week; a PacNW biathlon.

mtbr member

PacNW......

Gonna try snowboarding in the morning and mountain biking in the afternoon a couple days this week; a PacNW biathlon.
    We've been doing those since December. Life is a little brighter the days you get to hit up a CORbiathlon. I think I'll go for a CX ride out east today....right out my back door. See you on the Wetside soon.

Slay on boys!

BFE

Obviously Single
    Been riding in Tilly most all winter. Open invitation still stands ... that is, if'n ya can handle riding in a Rain Forest (and drinking serious beer after -- oh my).

Glad the snow has melted there in God's country.
    The Lee-Man

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

ronbo613
    Thanks for the invite Lee; I'll get out there soon.

ronbo613
    All the trails around here have no names. Most likely run into a bear than another mountain biker. Don't know how long most of the trails are or exactly where they end up.

mtbr member
    I'm wanting to ride a bunch of new trails this later "winter" and on coming spring, and seeing these pictures is making me crazy with desire of new trails I haven't seen!

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Yep

Yesterday I rode Syncline in high 50's temps and enjoyed the crude out of it. The hikers were out in force but yes this should be a good season of riding.

mtbr member
    All the trails around here have no names. Most likely run into a bear than another mountain biker. Don't know how long most of the trails are or exactly where they end up.
    Ah, looks like Hospital Hill trails area to me. Some trail names that come to mind up there are: Evergreen hwy trail, Triple Bypass trail, Milenium trail, Frontside trail (Hospital Hill proper) and the Saddle trail. A good place to avoid the crowds (in the parking lot at least) than over at Syncline.
    Ride On!

ronbo613
    Ah, looks like Hospital Hill trails area to me.
    Not quite; but within twenty miles.

mtbr member
    Not quite; but within twenty miles.
    The Snowden area, no? Looks awefully similar to the hills up top of Burdoin Mt.
    Ride On!

ronbo613
    The Snowden area, no? Looks awefully similar to the hills up top of Burdoin Mt.
    Nope; not Burdoin Mountain; but in the same county. We call the trail the "Elk Sliding Downhill Through the Mud Trail". It's not on the map.

mtbr member
    Ahah, dem' trails in ol' Klickitat county where the grass grows high and the sheep run scared.
    Ride On!

ronbo613
    I've been mountain biking a long time; this is one of the best places to ride in the continental USA; for sure.

ronbo613
    I haven't been biking this week; I'll be riding this weekend; but I fell down a cliff and Don and I were in an avalanche. Kind of cross training.

Obviously Single

Lmao

You guys! I don't think it's a coincidence that crazy stuff happens to you two.

Had a great ride in 60 degree short-sleeve weather in Gales Creek yesterday. Wish you were here.
    The Lee-Man

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

ronbo613
    You only go around once, Lee. If you need some adrenaline drained out of your system; come with us.
    To be fair; Don and I have been in snow avalanches before; at least this time we didn't start it.

Anyhoo; great weekend for a bike ride or two.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    so how much snow has melted....? I'm from Fernie, BC and even though we have had a super bad snow season we sure will not be biking fro some time.

Two of my buddies and I are thinking about coming to Bend potentially mid to late April will all the trails be ready to rock? Or.... what are some other great places to ride in Oregon that may be ready by that time of year.?
    We wanna ride bikes and drink beer....can you help two Canadians and a kiwi out?
    Thanks!

ronbo613
    We wanna ride bikes and drink beer....can you help two Canadians and a kiwi out?
    No problemo; I have relatives in Kirkland Lake, Ontario and my buddy Phil Erickson runs the NZ Snowboarder and Surfer magazines in Christchurch.
    This is an El Nino year; generally speaking; it will be a short winter season. Right now; there is snow above 4500-5000'. If I had a guess; trails above that level will be mostly free of snow by April.
    If you would like to try snowboarding or skiing; Mt. Hood Meadows will probably be open until the second week of April. Don't bring gear; you can rent cheap at the resort. I reckon Bachelor will be on a similar schedule.
    I can't speak for the Bend area; I live in the Columbia Gorge. You can ride excellent trails here, there's great people and great brew pubs. You can camp if you are prepared; lots of open space.
    Contact me if you want; please don't tell anyone else. It's so good we want to keep it to ourselves; if you get my drift.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I 'm liking the sounds of this........above 4500' good to go sooner than later......don't worry your secrets are okay with me, I live in the a sweet bike destination that has definitely not on the National radar yet. I just may contact you and catch up in April or so . Thanks

mtbr member

Back to the Games

Quote Originally Posted by LeeMan

Had a great ride in 60 degree short-sleeve weather in Gales Creek yesterday. Wish you were here.
    In order to rehab my snowboarding muscles, & try something I've been fascinated by for years, my wife, granddaughter & I went curling tonight with my nephew for his birthday. It is not as easy as they make it look at the Olympics, but it is fun once you figure out how to throw the rock & take your turns sweeping without falling on your keester all the damn time.

I've been pretty busy with life, work & a kitchen remodel, but would love to get a Gales/Browns trip together sometime soon. I know Ron would enjoy that area & I've only been a couple times. I've got a couple friends in PDX who might be able to make it too.

Talk to you soon.

highly visible
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    Yesterday I rode Syncline in high 50's temps and enjoyed the crude out of it. The hikers were out in force but yes this should be a good season of riding.
    Has the poison oak gotten an early start this year?
    "People like GloyBoy are deaf. They are partisan, intellectually lazy & usually very angry." -Jaybo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast