it means 'no problem'

Lava - Edison is open

But "extremely" dry and dusty. Groups should spread out for visibility...

Reportedly fewer logs than most years but the crew made it to the top and cleared all of the Lava side. Someone had already cleared on the Edison side so the whole trail is good to go.

Thanks, Paul & Kai!
    "“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Edward Abbey

Afric Pepperbird
    Great news!

Too bad I'll not be on a bike ride for three weeks (vacation time).

It'll be brutal by the time I head up there.

Thanks, all.

Keep Singletrack Single
    Awesome news! Will head out there this week solo...no dust.

Thanks everyone!!!
    Phil's Trail Steward for COTA
    http://www.cotamtb.com
    Phil's Trail Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/PhilsTrail

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Thanks for the report. I went to ride there a few years back, after hearing reports about all the trails in the area that were clear. I drove over (from Eugene) and started from Lava Lake, and, after 10+ blowdowns in the first 1/4 mile, I turned around and left. Drove back over to Manley's and had a beer and watched most of the Ducks/Oklahoma football game. When I saw the Ducks were going to lose, I split and rode Oldenburg, Summit Lake and a few trails in that area. Any Duck fans remember the result of that game?

it means 'no problem'
    Quote Originally Posted by Albee
    Thanks for the report. I went to ride there a few years back, after hearing reports about all the trails in the area that were clear. I drove over (from Eugene) and started from Lava Lake, and, after 10+ blowdowns in the first 1/4 mile, I turned around and left. Drove back over to Manley's and had a beer and watched most of the Ducks/Oklahoma football game. When I saw the Ducks were going to lose, I split and rode Oldenburg, Summit Lake and a few trails in that area. Any Duck fans remember the result of that game?
    That has to be the mother of all hijacks!
    "“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Edward Abbey

Canuck
    Mar 2004
    Wow this trail is in great shape. Dust is minimal, but lava babyheads are rampant. I'd forgotten how much this trail kicks your @ss - interesting and tough climbs, a few new log-overs, a couple of 'stunts', rarely a smooth surface, constantly up and down and twisting back and forth - love it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Albee]Ducks won.

And I'll bet Stoops is still whining.

it means 'no problem'