Thread: Lair Ideas?

VP/ Terrain Designer

Lair Ideas?

Well, its getting closer to that time of year, when we'll be doing building and maintenence at The Lair. We allready have some ideas for fixing some ongoing problems out there; but I would like to hear from everyone else, on what you would like to see out there. We may incorporate some of your ideas, or we may not; but at least we asked. So, let er' rip. What do you want to see at the Lair???

Cheers Mateys!!!
    Nick Braun, COTA Freeride Pirate
    Braun Enterprises LLC, Building Cool Stuff

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    huge senders to tiny sniper trannies.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    i mean, sweet flowy jumps with big wide landings. The jumps on the beg. and int. lines could be wider.

Let's roll.
    Not sure if the terrain of the area lends itself to it, but you asked. I'd love to see a ladder drop similar to the one on ODP (not the Black Pearl, but the last structure that's actually a roller if taken slow and a drop if taken fast...no "mandatory air").
    Bend, Oregon. Proof you don't have to die to get to heaven.

VP/ Terrain Designer
    Both points taken; thanks guys!

Nat
    Solo contendre
    I've always felt that beginner tabletops should have a less steep launch and landing than more advanced tabletops. That is, the launch sends you more forward and less upward. As the rider gets more skilled, he or she gets more comfortable with the vertical element. Until then he or she can work on getting comfortable with increasing the horizontal distance of a jump.

Also, the less advanced tabletops should not have that lip at the top of the launch. They should have a nice, smooth up - table - down. No peaky lips.

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Would anyone be interested in trials traps? Maybe some big boulder piles?

VP/ Terrain Designer
    I agree that the beginner tables need some TLC to make them appropriate for that run.
    How many people do we have in the area, that are into trials riding; Its an interesting idea, that should receive some more investigative fact finding.

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyNick
    I agree that the beginner tables need some TLC to make them appropriate for that run.
    How many people do we have in the area, that are into trials riding; Its an interesting idea, that should receive some more investigative fact finding.
    Trials could capture some interest, even with stock mtb's. I think that people would try it if there were some place to try it, but the only places in existence now are the log skinnies, and people definitely enjoy riding the skinnies. Bend even has a bike shop that sells trials bikes and trials-related components.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

jumps

I would love to see some slopestyle type of jumps. A nice hip would be great. Also some trick practice jumps would be cool. A mid sized jump with a low, long runout (maybe even soft dirt to crash on) to practice the bar spins and 360's. It's already a pretty sweet place. I think we could pretty easily put in a quarter pipe in one of the banks as well. Dig the pipe, line the ground with garden masonry like they did at black rock (if they will let us.)

Thanks