Thread: LaGrande riding

mtbr member
    May 2010

LaGrande riding

Hi there, I'm moving to Walla Walla for work and am researching the riding in the area. How is the riding in LaGrande? Any other good riding spots in the North East Oregon / South East Washington regions? Also. , I trail ride and downhill so are there any good downhill trails in this region as well? Thanks, Ryan

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Got some threads here and on the WA page from my trip down there last year instead of Bend. You are in luck. Killer riding there. Been a few D
    "DH" questions over on the WA page so you may want to PM those guys and see if there was any luck. The trails out of Harris park up into the Walla Walla are freakin' awesome, Upper N Fk WaWa is way up there on my list. Crazy fast and great sight lines. Umatilla Rim is amazing too. In La Grande, check with Whit at Mountain Works and he will hook you up. great guy and nice shop. Search lagranderidedot come and the Blue Mountain Singletrack club as a good start. MERA was a pretty fun stacked loop area outside La Grande. Whit took me on a ride over the xTerra loop above town and it was a blast too. Also some fun riding around Phillips Lake outside Baker City too and great camping right on the lake on the south side. Ride right from camp. The Super D down there is a bit hard to find but really fun. Could be a lot worse places to move to.

mtbr member
    Borneo pretty much summed it up, the riding is good in NE Oregon and SE Washington. You will be driving a bit to get to the TH's, but the ST is definitely worth it.

I think Borneo and I are the only mtbr folks to post about riding out there.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    And, neither of us live there.

Seriously under rated area IMHO. Umatilla Rim is right up there with many well known rides. Yes, a little bit of driving but camping and riding from camp is doable for sure. I was there for 10 days last year and didn't get to all of it by any means.

Reminds me a lot of the Kettle Crest area in NE WA for being amazing and still flying under the national radar.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    That's what I'm talking about ! Thanks so much for the beta!