mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Kindness on Phils!

To the couple who stopped to help our 12-year-old son with his flat tire on Saturday (9/17/16) in Phils canyon----

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

...maybe he'll wear his backpack next time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Not the guy. I would hope this would be the norm. Been on the receiving end of the help, just waiting to pay it forward.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Last year, I pinch-flatted my last tube on Phil's (in the canyon). As I was pulling it out to patch it, a couple of guys showed up on 29er's and one of them pulled a 26 tube out of his pack and changed it for me. He said that he didn't need a 26 tube anymore. I couldn't believe how nice these guys were. Just great people there.
    Riding Washington State singletrack since 1986

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Very nice comments letsgo and Curveball. Sorry I haven't heard from the folks who helped (even checked Strava fly-by), but the help my son received and both your comments make us Central Oregonians proud, especially in the wake of growing animosity towards visiting trail users and the adverse impacts to 'our backyard' by increased usage.

While I carry a pack with excessive 'stuff,' I still haven't convinced my son that he should take water, let alone a pack with tools and a spare. Thankfully he takes a phone (for Strava and ) () and can walk home.

I sure hope to pay-it-forward several times over -- I just have to get on the saddle more

Cheers

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Great to hear about this kind of stuff, and I'm stoked to say that it doesn't surprise me in the least. MTBers are good folk.

I hope you've taught him that only one ear bud is acceptable when riding two way trails!
    Whining is not a strategy.