Nat
    Solo contendre

This is just so not right...

Bendites woke up this morning to this sight. WTF?!?!
    Attached Images Attached Images

banned
    Lucky.

Shamisen Appreciator
    Jan 2004
    I agree. It's not right that you got a dump down there while I spend all day on Saturday turning through chunky ice on Mt. Hood.

...Lucky

Tree Hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge
    I agree. It's not right that you got a dump down there while I spend all day on Saturday turning through chunky ice on Mt. Hood.

...Lucky
    You should have waited until Sunday. I enjoyed 8-10 inches of beautiful powder at Mt Bachelor on Sunday, and sunny skies to boot!
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

industry employee

Crazy!

I was about to post last night on trail conditions just west of Bend.....I rode KGB / Voodoo / ELV / COD last night and conditions were great!!!...that was yesterday, though.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thanks Nat......

Everytime you guys get snow, it's means I might have to push back my annual trip in June.

Last year we were even treated to the loop up and over Swede and down Tumalo Ridge on the usual Farewell/Mrazek/Ben's loop because of the low snow pack. This year, I'm starting to think we MAY make it up to the top of Whoops by early June.

Here's to a really hot and dry May!

Mely baby melt!

(Disclaimer: I too enjoyed the new snow at Alpental on Saturday. So, snow is still good!)

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    How are the conditions now in Phil's trail area? Upper Phil's even ridable by this weekend?

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by Greebs
    How are the conditions now in Phil's trail area? Upper Phil's even ridable by this weekend?
    By this weekend lower Phil's within about a mile of the trail head might be dry enough, but upper Phil's won't be out from under snow for several weeks I'm guessing. A lot of folks have been riding more north-south on lower Phil's, from Shevlin Park to the DRT and back. Can't go very far west up the hill though.

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    By this weekend lower Phil's within about a mile of the trail head might be dry enough, but upper Phil's won't be out from under snow for several weeks I'm guessing. A lot of folks have been riding more north-south on lower Phil's, from Shevlin Park to the DRT and back. Can't go very far west up the hill though.
    Update: you remember all that white fluffy stuff 72 hours ago? It must've been an hallucination because I just got back from riding in Phil's Triangle just about all the way up to "red road" with only a couple of snowy patches (one of which effecively separated my bike out from under me -- ouch, my wrist!).

Greebs: I think you're good-to-go this weekend on almost all of lower Phil's in the triangle area.

Borneo: If this 70 degree weather holds out then you'll probably be good-to-go higher up by the time you come here too.

What a difference a couple of days can make!

Expert Pushing SSer
    Update:
    Nice Nat, very nice. I was getting worried about you guys out there. Hey, pass the word on the MRT for May 20th this year. We need to ride and swap some lies.
    Tuff Schist

"Its All Good"
    We just take it for granted that we can ride 12 months of the year. Feel for you guys. Mind you, we cannot snowboard as easy as you can.

Oh well, enjoy that riding when you can..........................
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Expert Pushing SSer
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Mind you, we cannot snowboard as easy as you can.
    Hope that was directed to Nat, cuz I couldn't board to save my life.

XC ski, now there's my snow sport.
    Tuff Schist

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Foot
    Nice Nat, very nice. I was getting worried about you guys out there. Hey, pass the word on the MRT for May 20th this year. We need to ride and swap some lies.
    I saw your post Re: MRT. It sounds very fun but I'm going to abstain from saying I'll be there since I got sent to the doghouse the last time I said I'd be somewhere and didn't show up! Can I just leave it as, "Maybe I'll be there?"

meatier showers

The dog house...

...right where you belong!

Nat, one of the biggest penalties of having a magnetic personality is that everybody notices when you ain't present, especially when they was expectin' ya.

(This is not the voice of experience, BTW.)

But you're close to redeeming yourself with your commitment to attend Fall Barbie Camp. IF you actually show up, that is!

--Sparty

I saw your post Re: MRT. It sounds very fun but I'm going to abstain from saying I'll be there since I got sent to the doghouse the last time I said I'd be somewhere and didn't show up! Can I just leave it as, "Maybe I'll be there?"
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    ...right where you belong!

Nat, one of the biggest penalties of having a magnetic personality is that everybody notices when you ain't present, especially when they was expectin' ya.

(This is not the voice of experience, BTW.)

But you're close to redeeming yourself with your commitment to attend Fall Barbie Camp. IF you actually show up, that is!

--Sparty
    Bark bark! Woof woof! I will try to make it to more gatherings, as I've enjoyed all to which I've been. Bow wow!

Expert Pushing SSer
    Bark bark! Woof woof! I will try to make it to more gatherings, as I've enjoyed all to which I've been. Bow wow!
    Dear Nat,

I will RSVP you as a "maybe".

Very truly yours,

Meat Foot
    Disorganized (to a point) Ride Organizer
    Tuff Schist

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Dear Nat,

I will RSVP you as a "maybe".

Very truly yours,

Meat Foot
    Disorganized (to a point) Ride Organizer
    Doooooood...you're gonna kill me...my wife is registered to compete in the Pole Pedal Paddle race that day, which means I am o-u-t out. SORRY!

Don't hate me cuz I'm pitiful...

Expert Pushing SSer
    Doooooood...you're gonna kill me...my wife is registered to compete in the Pole Pedal Paddle race that day, which means I am o-u-t out. SORRY!

Don't hate me cuz I'm pitiful...
    Dear Nat,

We understand your predicament. We regret to inform you that the next event you come to, you will have to ride a 26" unicycle for the duration. Regretably, we see no other way to circumnavigate the problem.

Thank you for your willingness to participate in future events.

Very truly yours,

Meat Foot
    Lead Disorganized Ride Organizer
    CPA, P.E., R.G. CMEAHJFUIRIUWWNDHDIAHFHDAIN.

cc: Mafia (Jefe), Attorney, Nat's Wife, Nat's family tree, Nat's pets, the whole bloody world.

Only kidding! Have a good one, we'll catch the next one!
    Tuff Schist

mtbr member
    May 2004
    You need to re-name this thread, "This is Soooo right!"

Thanks. The red road already? Which way did you go up? Bens?

Walking the fine line between snow melt and a good rainstorm the day before I get there....

Awesome.

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by Borneo
    You need to re-name this thread, "This is Soooo right!"

Thanks. The red road already? Which way did you go up? Bens?

Walking the fine line between snow melt and a good rainstorm the day before I get there....

Awesome.
    Yesterday I went up Ben's > Mike's > Kent's (almost to red road) > [u-turn] > Express > KGB > COD.

The previous day I rode on Phil's up a ways, so it's definitely clearing!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Nat, thanks for the replies. I did encounter some snow when I got to the higher parts of the trail. But it was still fun to ride, had a few minutes of rain when I showed up Friday afternoon. We started riding, and about a hundred yards down the road to the left of the parking lot my friend asked me if I had a rock stuck in my tire because it was going click, click, click... turns out it was about an inch long tack like you see in the bottoms of chairs stuck in my tire. I body surfed a section when I encountered a snow patch and my front wheel got hung up in a deep part. Oh well, it was just a small sample of what happened boarding on bachelor the next day. Lots of fun.

mtbr member
    It was 101 in Dallas that day. I rode. I puked. It was great.

mtbr member
    20th you say? I'll be in that area for the weekend for a chainsaw re-cert and First aid class with the Forest Service.. I'll defintely have to sneak out and ride, looks like Saturday is all booked though might have to ride MRT Sunday afternoon.