Always Breaking Stuff

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! IMPORTANT!!! Scappoose / Rocky Pt. Rd. / Blue Gate Trail

Hey All,
    I was at the Rocky Pt. Rd trail yesterday and there were about 7 cars there. 3 of them were parked blocking the blue gate to the fire road (I was parked along the other side). While I was getting geared up to ride, a police officer drove by and stopped to inform me that if we continue to block the gate to the fire road we will loose access to these trails COMPLETELY!

PLEASE help me spread the word, I'd hate to loose these trails!

There is a tiny old sign posted that says not to block the gate, but maybe someone could post a new bigger sign?

-Jon

Metalheadbikerider

Even MORE important!!!!!

Old Lompoc has the best friggin' wings in all of PDX!!
    \m/\m/
    FA
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

Shamisen Appreciator
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by free-agent
    Old Lompoc has the best friggin' wings in all of PDX!!
    \m/\m/
    FA
    If you're talking about chicken wings, you'd better make with the 411 on where I can get them. I haven't had a decent wing since I moved here.

Always Breaking Stuff
    He did, Old Lompoc (1616 NW 23rd Ave) has some pretty darn tasty post ride burgers, wings, beer, and cuties ... The nachos kinda suck though.

Metalheadbikerider

Same here....

Quote Originally Posted by smudge
    If you're talking about chicken wings, you'd better make with the 411 on where I can get them. I haven't had a decent wing since I moved here.
    until last night. Old Lompc has some pretty tasty ones...mmm.............
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

Shamisen Appreciator
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by thorir
    He did, Old Lompoc (1616 NW 23rd Ave) has some pretty darn tasty post ride burgers, wings, beer, and cuties ... The nachos kinda suck though.
    Now you've got my hopes up. I'll stop in there soon. I have to go back to DC on business in June and hitting Cluck-U in Towson was one of the very few things that had me looking forward to the trip. If I can get delicious wings in PDX, I'll be able to show the appropriate amount of negativity towards my upcoming trip.

Expert Pushing SSer
    Quote Originally Posted by free-agent
    until last night. Old Lompc has some pretty tasty ones...mmm.............
    Any tasty ones that are made from tofu? I only eat items made from something vegetable in origin, grows to a max. height of 24-inches, and is from a renewable crop. Oh and is between lattitudes.......
    Tuff Schist

AAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEE!!!
    I was guilty of parking in front of the gate on saturday. Embarrassingly enough, I went and looked at the sign. That'll teach me to read what I'm looking at...

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    fire on the mountain has MUCH better wings than the lompoc and good beer also.

Expert Pushing SSer
    Quote Originally Posted by amtbr
    fire on the mountain has MUCH better wings than the lompoc and good beer also.
    Tofu? Any tofu?
    Tuff Schist

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Not tofu but . . .

Fire On The Mountain does offer vegeterian wings and they are pretty darn good.

Check it out: http://www.portlandwings.com/menu.htm

As perviously stated, they do offer up some tasty suds too!

Shamisen Appreciator
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Foot
    Tofu? Any tofu?
    I know we're a few months out, but I'll try to bring back some sauce from my favorite place in MD. I was working near the Cluck U in Towson when they opened the store and got to know one of the owners pretty well. After enough of my harassment, they finally made a legit HOT sauce and added it permenantly to the menu. If it's able to remain unrefridgerated for the duration of my travel, I'll bring back as much as he'll let me walk out of the store with. Then you can fry up all the tofu you want and enjoy it with some serious sauce.

Here's the catch...I'll only give you a small amount at a time on the TNT rides.

Singletrack Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Foot
    I only eat items made from something vegetable in origin, grows to a max. height of 24-inches. . . .D
    Yer average chicken is made from corn and soy and grows to about 16 inches in height.

Always Breaking Stuff
    I just wanted to thank everyone for listening and helping get the word out on this.

I was out at Rocky Pt. again yesterday and even though there were more cars than I have ever seen at the trail, all 10 cars were parked on the far side of the street, NOT blocking the gate.

I saw an officer drive by when I was getting ready and again when I was leaving. They didn't say anything to us, so I'm assuming it is ALL GOOD BABY!

Anyway, just wanted to thank everyone, that made me happy.

-Jon

PS. Still haven't been to Fire on the Mt, but it is going to be hard to compete with the C-Note at Lompoc, which is really the reason I go there.

I'm disrespectful to dirt
    +1 for Fire on the Mountain. I need to go back soon, haven't been there since July.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    The New Lompoc is across the street from Mountain Cycle / Kinesis at N Williams and Failing. Their current Seasonal Red Ale is the best beer ever! Such smooth flavor and not bitter like most their others. But watch out, 7.9% alc.! Two put me on my ass! I'm lucky I live just a couple blocks away.
    You guys didn't like they're nachos? The ones I had at this Lompoc were the best I've ever had. They're pesto / feta plate is great too. I'll have to try the wings.
    Tim

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I think everyone is talking about the one on NW 23rd if I'm not mistaken, which does have lower quality food than the others. On a side note, the nettle is growing good out there up on the ridge trail (not sure if it has a name) but it kicked my ass, nice numb legs the entire time.