GEAUX TIGERS!!!

How are skeeters @ Waldo now?

Im thinking seriously about driving down Friday evening from Portland and hitting Waldo for the first time this Saturday. How are the skeeters now? Its supposed to be in the 80s this weekend.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I have heard rumor that the skeeters are no prob no. We have had some good cold nights and that should curb the appetite of the flying teeth. I am heading there as well for the weekend, a ride on Sat. and kayak the lake on Sunday. Last big OR ride before I start heading back home to western NC (where it has been raining like crazy).

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    Rode Newberry Crater yesterday and didn't see one of those malaria speading beasts.

mtbr member
    Note: the Tumblebug fire down near Oakridge has blown a lot of smoke up towards the Bend area. I can only imagine that the high lakes have seen the smoke as well. Just a heads up for you riders traveling from a far to ride.

Cheers,
    BFE

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I was there last weekend and it was cool. some gnats at night but that was it. It was 35 one night, so the cold must be getting them. Trail was great. Check my blog.

Afric Pepperbird
    Cultus Lake was skeeter free a couple weeks ago.

And remember, if there's a skeeter on your peter, beat it off. (wait.. ignore that. Nevermind)

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
    Thx for the responses.

I'll have to keep an eye out for the Tumblebug fire, though.