mtbr member
    Mar 2010

How is Goodman Trail?

My wife and I are new to mountain biking!

We have tried a few trails in McDonald Forest near Corvallis but would like to find a some trails closer to Eugene. I saw the Goodman trail review and it seems like it is a good ride.

How is that trail?Is it ride-able or is it still pretty muddy?

Known Mountainbiker
    North facing, wet and muddy. Generally, stay off untill later in the spring.

Caz

I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The most recent word is that it is officially closed to biking right now. It suffers a lot of damage because it is north facing and popular among equestrians and mtbers. Most of the local seasoned riders stay off of it until mid-summer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Thanks, good to know before making the trip out. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Tree Hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas_Duck
    Thanks, good to know before making the trip out. Does anyone have any recommendations?
    This time of year, your best bet would be a river trail. North Shore trail, Fall Creek trail, North Fork trail, Middle Fork trail, Brice Creek trail, McKenzie River trail.

Another option would be Whypass, near Lorane. It's muddy there in the winter, but it's still fun, and those trails were created for winter riding so that we don't tear up the USFS trails.

Ever hear of the Disciples of Dirt? They could help steer you in the right direction.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Disciples of Dirt...I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the help!

Making fat cool since '71
    Brice Creek is good right now. Still a couple of trees, but not in bad spots and the tread is good. North Fork is fine. There's a couple of tree snaggles and a few small muddy spots, but nothing to worry about. Fall Creek isn't bad right now either.

Welcome! Thanks for asking...Goodman can get hammered in one wet weekend of riding.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.