mtbr member
    Oct 2005

hotels in downtown Portland

Hey, looking for some ideas for hotels in the downtown area, something funky/ cool, more boutique style. It will be a special occasion, so don't mind spending a bit! I did a search of the forum and found something from 2005, would like something a bit more recent. I have heard about a place called the Modera...any reports? thanks,

Afric Pepperbird

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

mangai.rollin
    There are four that I would send people to, but it all depends on style and type of service you are looking for.
    Ace - Hipster style and hipster anti-service. I hang there occasionally bc I'm hooked on Stumptown coffee, but I think hipster service is funny and I don't get pissed off by it anymore.
    Deluxe - Retro classy w/ good service.
    Lucia - Classiest of the three w/ the best service. The rooms are small, but the beds are on par w/ the Westin hotels. Check out the Pillow Menu.
    Modera - Haven't stayed here yet, but like style. ...esp of the new restaurant and courtyard. It's the newest, so the service should be above average at worst.
    '10 Ibis Mojo SL
    www.mangai-rollin.com We are hiring
    pdx mtb

highly visible
    I'd second the Ace .. and if you don't mind being 10 minutes from downtown "proper" by bike or streetcar, I'd strongly recommend also looking at Inn at Northrup Station.
    "People like GloyBoy are deaf. They are partisan, intellectually lazy & usually very angry." -Jaybo