mtbr member
    Oct 2013

HOOD RIVER/SW WA area visit 9/17-9/22 Looking to relocate there and ride/kitesurf

Somewhat short notice(even for me ), but I thought I'd put it out there that I'll be traveling to the Hood River/SW WA area this next week(Sat.- Thurs.) alone and would love to find some local(ish?) riders that might be up for showing me around or at least making some all mtn/backcountry riding suggestions. I'm in the process of relocating there and am scouting out the recreation scene as well as a place to live. Experienced rider and awesome cook not into bar hopping, but appreciate an occasional drink and good live music! Thanks, Thomas

mtbr member
    Stop by Dirty Fingers bike shop in Hood River, they have maps & intel to get you on some good trails. They also serve beer.

mtbr member
    If you're in the Vancouver area on Wednesday i'm going to he hitting Cold Creek for a quick lap. Hit me up with a PM if interested.

Ed

On wuss patrol
    Live in Bingen/White Salmon and shop Hood River. A little lower cost of living, no state income tax if you work in WA (maybe you're retired or ind wealthy) slightly lower property taxes, save WA sales tax shopping in OR. Access to all the same good activities. Yep, I'm about paying as low a tax rate as possible.

How was your visit, BTW?
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill