mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Hillsboro area?? anything?

Hi, I'm moving to Hillsboro in April. I'm wondering how far is some good riding? any good trails in that area?

Metalheadbikerider

Not right in the city

Quote Originally Posted by PDXDrew
    Hi, I'm moving to Hillsboro in April. I'm wondering how far is some good riding? any good trails in that area?
    but about 30 minutes away is great riding in the Coastal Mtn. Range (Brown's Camp, Gales Creek, Wilson River Trail).
    Not very far from some fun singletrack the other direction in Scappoose (30 minutes).
    Hagg Lake (13 mile mostly ST ride around, you guessed it, hagg lake) you can almost ride to from Hillsboro. Otherwise it is a 10 minute'ish drive.
    Forest Park is on the West side of Portland (15 minutes drive), but is the least "fun" riding of all the choices. It does have great climbs for training, and some new stuff being built.

Start getting into the 60-90 minute drives and you are in mtb paradise....
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Awesome, thank you. I'll have to check those places out. Gales Creek sounds familiar for some reason.

Metalheadbikerider

No sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by PDXDrew
    Awesome, thank you. I'll have to check those places out. Gales Creek sounds familiar for some reason.
    Give a holler on mtbr when you get here, there's always people willing to guide ya!
    welcome.
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org