Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Hey Bend-ites!

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  free-agent 
#1 ·
Thinking this weekend for my annual fresh hop and shredfest there. Good idea? Head on down?

#3 ·
As long as the fires don't pick up and smoke us out again the conditions should be ideal. The rain last week settled some of the dust although there is snow at the higher elevations. I heard the snow level was around Happy Valley on the west side and yesterday I went east and got up to around 6,500' on Swamp Wells before seeing snow. I suspect most/all will melt by the end of the week considering we're supposed to have highs near 80 for couple days.

But don't tell too many people. I sure enjoy fall riding with all of the uncrowded trails. ;)

#8 ·
I assume you are talking to me. Yeah, I'm up for a beer. Let me know what works for your schedule. I can be free either night.

Also, I do still ride bikes just not very fast or very far at the moment. There are a few options where we could ride something higher up and then you could ride back into town.

Will I be able to do the loop that starts at Tumalo Falls to the elk lands and back down? Flagline, South Fork, etc. I haven't done that one for a couple years and I'm jonesin' to hit it again.
It is supposed to get pretty warm this week. I'd bet that pretty much all options will be on the table.

#7 ·
Will I be able to do the loop that starts at Tumalo Falls to the elk lands and back down? Flagline, South Fork, etc. I haven't done that one for a couple years and I'm jonesin' to hit it again.

#15 ·
We did the North Fork-Met Win-South Fork. There was quite a bit of snow up top, but Flagline and South Fork was the goods. I was destroyed at the end with all the snow hiking, and climbing with a tire that was about 10 psi. Damn valve leak! I was bummed with the fresh hops this year, though. That being said, I did start to plan my eventual move to Bend while looping Lower Whoops on Sunday morning in the sun and crisp temps. Anyone need a high school sped teacher?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.