mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Heading up I-5 on Friday

Going up to Tacoma, and was thinking of grabbing a ride on the way up. Anyone along the I-5 corridor want to ride friday. I was thinking something around Eugene, or anywhere really.

Or if you don't have friday off can you recommend a good ride thats not to far off the 5. Something in the 2 hour range, cross country...

Thanks

Nate

Www.rvmba.org
    Feb 2009
    Ashland has the closest trails to I-5. Stop by Bear Creek Bicycles for trail info.

www.bearcreekbicycle.com

Tree Hugger
    Closer to Eugene, your best bet would be North Shore trail, approx 15 minutes from I-5, just east of Lowell, OR along the north shore of Lookout Point reservoir. Brice Creek would be about 45 minutes from I-5 at Cottage Grove, and is a great trail with one of my favorite waterfalls at the end.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sofarider1
    Ashland has the closest trails to I-5. Stop by Bear Creek Bicycles for trail info.

www.bearcreekbicycle.com
    But ashland would be to early in our drive to ride, and I ride there all the time.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    Closer to Eugene, your best bet would be North Shore trail, approx 15 minutes from I-5, just east of Lowell, OR along the north shore of Lookout Point reservoir. Brice Creek would be about 45 minutes from I-5 at Cottage Grove, and is a great trail with one of my favorite waterfalls at the end.
    Thanks for the heads up. Is there a shop I can swing into to get more specific directions to the trail head?

The Brutally Handsome
    Brice Creek x2. Bit of a drive (25 miles) from the 5 but I think it's well worth it! Here's some further info:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/umpqua/recre...ce-creek.shtml

mtbr member
    Friday? - Did you say Friday?
    I happen to have that day off and am seriously in need of a ride if you can stand to go out with an old fart who's out of shape. Not too early as I like to sleep in that day, a little later than my usual 5 AM rising time, that is.

BTW, 3rd vote for Brice Creek.

Tim

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudflaps
    Friday? - Did you say Friday?
    I happen to have that day off and am seriously in need of a ride if you can stand to go out with an old fart who's out of shape. Not too early as I like to sleep in that day, a little later than my usual 5 AM rising time, that is.

BTW, 3rd vote for Brice Creek.

Tim
    We would love to ride with someone. Don't mind taking it easy at all, my wife hasn't been on her bike in a couple weeks now, so that will be great.

So is Brice Creek by Eugene? Thats 5 hours away for us. We will leave town by five, so we should be rolling in shortly after 10.

Making fat cool since '71
    Brice is "near" Cottage Grove which is 19 miles south of Eugene. The trailhead is about 25 miles east of Cottage Grove and it takes a little over 35 minutes from The Grove. It's 5.5 miles long (an out back with a lollipop option). Typical river trail with some short climbs, nice views, bit of root/rock tech and a couple spots of exposure. There's a couple trees down at the moment, but nothing like last spring. Have fun riding. Take it easy on him 'flaps.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Sounds pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaKlyde
    Brice is "near" Cottage Grove which is 19 miles south of Eugene. The trailhead is about 25 miles east of Cottage Grove and it takes a little over 35 minutes from The Grove. It's 5.5 miles long (an out back with a lollipop option). Typical river trail with some short climbs, nice views, bit of root/rock tech and a couple spots of exposure. There's a couple trees down at the moment, but nothing like last spring. Have fun riding. Take it easy on him 'flaps.

Brock...
    But thats an extra hour added onto a 10 hour day of driving... Is it that good? What about the trails in this thread?

All Comer's Meat VI -- Jan. 24, 2010

Are they any closer.

Either way I'm game. Looking forward to it. I'll PM you my phone number Mudflaps.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    There isn't really anything along I-5 that you don't have to drive at least 30 minutes to get to. Well, except maybe Ashland. Brice Creek is a really fun trail. If you have time, try to go on up to Trestle Falls. You may have to do a little hike-a-bike, but it's worth it -- and you get to ride behind the waterfall. Have fun!
    "It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult."

Making fat cool since '71
    re: WhyPass v. Brice drive times, it's about the same. I live outside The Grove and I can get to WhyPass about 5 minutes quicker. I prefer Brice due to the higher degree of tech (though it's not *highly* technical) but WhyPass has a lot of diversity and it's own charm.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.