knobby drifter

Harmonic ConvergenSS - Thank You!

Yesterday's Harmonic ConvergenSS was an absolute blast. Many thanks to Red-Haze Bob and the Longview crew for helping to coordinate the event and providing top notch guiding expertise for our group. It was amazing to see Bob clear almost every nasty technical section on his FIXED GEAR Vulture with just one hand-actuated brake. Thanks again for hosting the party and sharing your hand-hewn gem with us city folk.

Our route selection was excellent, as we rode 15+ miles and were only starting to hurt on the last couple miles. Even though we covered that much ground, we only hit about a third of the trails in the area. Compared to the Scapoose/Rocky Point Road trail system, these trails were spread over a far, far greater area, had more mellow (not easy!) rolling terrain (not flat!), and better soil and drainage with far less mud. Lots of fun log rides, whoop-des and stream crossings thrown in to up the technical value. I rode it on a HT 29er with a 32x19 gear ratio, which felt perfect.

The trail system is a vast network of crisscrossing trails and it didn't take more than a couple minutes of riding to feel that I had lost my sense of direction. I highly recommend having a local show you the place before venturing out on a solo mission. This place would be an amazing venue for a guided night ride.

All in all, I had a great time and will certainly be back soon for more hot single speed action.

Cheers to all.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Everthing that Karl wrote...especially the 32x19... what a great day of awesome weather,trails and good people.The trails are in excellent shape!
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!