mtbr member
    Jun 2004

New question here. Hardesty mtn./Eula ridge???

Do either of these trails hold up well when wet? If not, what other trails around Oakridge hold up well to the wet (besides MF)?

Thanks

ss93

mtbr member
    Those two, in fact the entire area, Goodman, Eagles rest, Hardesty, Eula Ridge, South Willamette, etc... does not do well in the wet.

With limited use, Salmon Creek, North Fork or North Shore do okay. Though if it's raining a lot then most of the trails are better left alone.

If you are in the Eugene area check out the Whypass area via the DOD, it's a winter time play area that is great to ride in the winter time.
    Just the Pictures

The Shop

The Blog

Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

Making fat cool since '71
    Bingo General. That whole system gets torn up with only a little rain and one rider unfortunately. Larrison Creek can do "OK" when it's been wet, not when it's been soggy for a month, but after some rain it's fine.

Our stash (WhipeAss) is prime for winter.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

meatier showers
    All in favor of Whypass say "Arrrrrrrrgh, Matey!!!"

--Sparrrrrrrrrrty

P.S. Hey ss93, have you hooked up with the Disciples of Dirt yet? If not, clicky da linky in my sig... first round's on you.
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

mtbr member
    Where is whypass is it a hard ride(what kind of terrain)? I could be down, what day?
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by thegromit
    Where is whypass is it a hard ride(what kind of terrain)? I could be down, what day?
    Whypass is up/down cross country. There's about ~15 miles of singletrack out there with ~2500' gain/loss in the process. It is the DOD's secret singletrack stash -- you must be shown personally, dems da roolz. Wednesday is ride night, they're out there right now (I'm only here in front of this miserable comp because I'm feeling slightly under the weather so I took the night off). Anyway, good chance there will be peeps riding out there this weekend. I'll probably be one of 'em. Come along.

Here's how. Get on DOD's yahoo!group (follow my sig link --> DOD website yahoo!group link --> yer in); then you'll hear the ride chatter &/or can start some of your own.

It's real and it's ours and it's open all year. Mud is no problem.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

mtbr member
    Sweet got it bookmarked already.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Whypass sounds good

Thanks for the info about the Hardesty area and the Whypass option. I just joined the DOD Yahoo group, so I'll ask there if anyone is up for showing a couple of us from Corvallis around Whypass on Sunday.

SS93

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by steelstump93
    ... from Corvallis around Whypass on Sunday.

SS93
    Good chance I'll be out there Sunday mid- to late-morning. Post up on the DOD e-list and I'll email directions to you. We don't share directions to Whypass in public forums because we don't want motos and other n'er-do-wells out there messin' wit our hard earned stash.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Larrison Creek

We ended up riding Larrison crk. out and back last Sunday. Started out dry for the first hour and rained (snow at the top) the rest of the time. Overall it was great ride, although the switchback section near the top was a little much. Most of the trail was holding up great to the wet. Can't wait to try it when it's a little drier.

Thanks to Sparticus for emailing directions to Whypass. I'm sure I'll make it out there sometime this winter.

Cheers

SS93

Making fat cool since '71
    Quote Originally Posted by steelstump93

Thanks to Sparticus for emailing directions to Whypass. I'm sure I'll make it out there sometime this winter.

Cheers

SS93
    Several of us are to be out there tomorrow about 12.

Brock...

PS: could be a good time to see the place.
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.