mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Hagg Lake condition?

Anyone been out to Hagg lake in the last couple of days? Thinking about going out there for a quick ride around.

mtbr member
    I can't answer your conditions question, but can tell you that the next 3 Sunday's will play host to the annual Banana Belt Road Race series which will see around 400 extra people in the area.
    Just the Pictures

The Shop

The Blog

Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

mtbr member
    I havent been to Hagg Lake recently, but I can tell you that it's usually very muddy until April or May.

Steve Dallas wannabe

Me Too

Depending on the weather Saturday, I am thinking about going Sunday as well....

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
    I definitely would not recommend riding Hagg this time of the year. Its way way too muddy. In the area,the Wilson River Trail is much better.

Obviously Single

Muddy and Stickery

Quote Originally Posted by mophile
    Depending on the weather Saturday, I am thinking about going Sunday as well....
    In addition to the mud (riding on which will cause trail damage on a shared resource) you'll find many sticker bushes running across the trail.

I'm heading to the Wilson River Trail. It's likely to late to hook up, but directions are easy: head towards Tillamook until you get to the Visitor's Center (which is a very nice visit, by the way). Go across the foot bridge behind the visitor's center, then head left (West). Right is more climbing but also good (though may run in to snow after a couple of miles).

We're meeting at the visitor's center at 11:30 AM. (They close at something like 4PM during the winter.)
    The Lee-Man

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I was thinking about doing the "Dirty Duathlon" that's happening tomorrow, but decided against it. I went on a pre-ride there on monday 3/24. The trail was thick, clay-y mud all the way. Very bad conditions, for the rider and the trail.