Metalheadbikerider

Great event at Stub Stewart this Sat.

Come and support the first state park to allow mtb-specific trails, and it is practically a wheelie away from PDX!

There is some trail work happening first:
    Details here

Followed by a mid-season trail building celebration with free beer (you do not need to attend the trailwork party to attend the family friendly celebration):
    Details here

Hope to see a bunch of you out there this Saturday. Help spread the word with your riding groups.
    Cheers!
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

mtbr member
    There will be a group ride in the afternoon. We will open up a full mile of brand new, hand-made trail that is currently closed due to construction. Then we will head to the North section and do a bunch of fire roads and multi-use trails. I don't think the freeride stuff is open yet, so bring your XC bike.

mtbr member
    The trail construction here is supposed to continue throughout the summer isnt it? The reason I am asking is I am in Michigan finishing my Masters degree and Ill be headed back to PDX in May. I want to get involved with some trail building/maintenance efforts when I return.

mtbr member
    Actually during summer we revert to maintenance mode. The dirt can get so dry here that you can't really dig. We are aiming for a June 1st grand opening party, so May will surely be a busy month. Look for updates.

We had a 20 person turnout and laid down about 500 feet of new trail saturday! Then the state troopers who recovered the ST240 showed up to give us all the details.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_co2 View Post
    Actually during summer we revert to maintenance mode. The dirt can get so dry here that you can't really dig. We are aiming for a June 1st grand opening party, so May will surely be a busy month. Look for updates.

We had a 20 person turnout and laid down about 500 feet of new trail saturday! Then the state troopers who recovered the ST240 showed up to give us all the details.
    Cool, Ill come check it out then and see if I can come help on a maintenance day.