FKA Malibu412

Getting 2010 off on the right track...

...with a ride that is. Please post what and where and your impressions from your 01/01/10 ride. Pics, too, if you have them.

I headed out to the buffed, rooty and twisty single track at Stella Ridge. I have been there 3 times in the last week and a half and really love this place. The people that I have met are really, genuinely nice. I have done most of my riding there solo without a local guide or compass but am starting to get a real feel for the general layout and locating treads that really appeal to my style--faster and flowy through the timber, some minor downhill tricks (there are some bigger items there, just not for me), log rides, ridge sides, and tight transitions. I ran into red-haze.com Bob and his friend Sue and they took quite a bit of time just chatting and telling me about Stella. Wonderful people! I had some help from others on another ride and hope to run into those folks again when I am back around 9:00-10:00 on a Sat/Sun AM. The people who have built and maintain this system are crazy committed and have done priceless work. Thank you!! Dave

Let's hear about yours....
    Last edited by Glide the Clyde; 01-02-2010 at 10:53 PM.

mtbr member
    We rode Larison Creek, it was a good trail to start the year with. Plenty of wet roots, a little snow and the whole ride was singletrack. Breaking my chain wasn't the highlight of the day but you take the bad with the good.

Making fat cool since '71
    What Brand1 said, only I didn't break my chain.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

Tree Hugger
    Sorta solo ride at Whypass for me, followed by hanging out with friends.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member
    Took the SS for a ride in the Tillamook Saturday and skied in the Backcountry today on Mt Hood. I'm happy.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Well, my new year didn't start out with a bike ride, but rather a stout hike out at Smith Rocks. I had a friend here who is currently living in Tampa Florida, so we were making our round to some of his favorite outdoor recreation areas. The following day we snow shoed out to Tumalo Falls from Skyliner snow park, it was a beautiful day.

Today is Monday, and my buddy is heading west to the valley for the remainder of his vacation. Today is also January 4th, and the first "training day" of the year for me. I will be heading out on the CX bike for some saddle time. Let the base training begin, and may this be my strongest year on the bike to date.

Happy trails y'all.

Cheers,
    BFE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Getting 2010 off on the right track...-new-years-weekend-1-2010-1.jpg  

Getting 2010 off on the right track...-new-years-weekend-1-2010-3.jpg  

Getting 2010 off on the right track...-new-years-weekend-1-2010-4.jpg  

Getting 2010 off on the right track...-new-years-weekend-1-2010-5.jpg  

Getting 2010 off on the right track...-new-years-weekend-1-2010-6.jpg  

Getting 2010 off on the right track...-new-years-weekend-1-2010-7.jpg  

Getting 2010 off on the right track...-new-years-weekend-1-2010-2.jpg  

Last edited by BIGfatED; 01-04-2010 at 09:40 AM.

mtbr member
    Got out to Cape Mt. for some trail inspect'n. Great trail conditions. Good way to start the year out.
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    opal creek first ride of the year with my girlfriend, its her favorite place to go ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksearsor
    opal creek first ride of the year with my girlfriend, its her favorite place to go ride.
    did somebody get a new camera for Christmas too? Opal Creek must be in the valley, no?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    lol, no i didnt get a new camera, the girfriend took the video, yeah opal creek is in the valley, hit me up if you want the lowdown on it.

MattSavage
    I got a roadie ride in... A little loop around NoPo. It was a good day, not too chilly, no wind...

"I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

mtbr member
    Monument trails out of Gates, all the snow had melted that was up there.
    Attached Images Attached Images