Obviously Single

Gales Creek Saturday?

Anybody interested in hitting the Gales Creek loop (across the highway from Brown's Camp) tomorrow, Saturday 12/19?

I'm not sure I can take another MTB ride on the road. (It's been two weeks since my tires have touched dirt -- I'm Jonesing!)

I'm flexible on time, as long as it isn't the crack of dang dawn.
    The Lee-Man

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

meatier showers
    Hey Lee, a few of us are doing Lookout Loop (North Shore {east}, up School Creek Rd, down NS Tie, North Shore {west}) this morning... you're welcome to join us. Meeting at Lookout Point Dam at 10am... should be ~30 miles... starting at the dam. Steady non-race pace... maybe 5 hrs on the bikes.

You can make it if you get in your car right now. {ubiquiteous smiley emoticon}

--SS-party
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Obviously Single

Missed ya by "that" much

Sparty! Thanks for the invite ... if only I'd read this 8 hours earlier, I could have started driving right then and been there in time.

Seriously, I thought about joining you guys when I saw you were planning the ride, but (1) I'm out of shape, having not ridden enough recently, and (2) the start-up I work out has the funny idea I'm going to come into work today (Saturday).

So no Tillamook for me today, but instead a fun ride up Bald Mountain, on the back roads, then back down (whee!) on the Single Speed. [I live out in the country, and road bikes go by all the time, so if they can do it today so can I!]

Hope you guys have a great ride!
    The Lee-Man

Obviously Single
    Forced myself to ride today, and darned glad I did. Wish I could have joined you guys down south, but my ride did not suck at all.

This did not actually look this dark, but the light-control on my iPhone sucks ...

The Lee-Man

meatier showers
    Good on ya. We did our thing (turned out to be less than we thought... around 27 miles, 4 hours) and the weather could not have cooperated more. We were actually too hot -- it got up to 55 degrees and sunny. Dang, Oregon winters are tuff!

I got my a$$ handed to me today. But I'm comin' along...

Let's go riding one of these days.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Tree Hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Good on ya. We did our thing (turned out to be less than we thought... around 27 miles, 4 hours) and the weather could not have cooperated more. We were actually too hot -- it got up to 55 degrees and sunny. Dang, Oregon winters are tuff!

I got my a$$ handed to me today. But I'm comin' along...

Let's go riding one of these days.

--Sparty
    The slacker version was fun also. It felt like summer out there today.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz