Thread: Frozen Coyote

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Frozen Coyote

No, not in the grocery store meat department!

Sub-zero weather in Hood River has rendered Coyote Cliffs rock solid, high traction, and mud free -- at least in the morning hours. This should last through at least Thursday, and maybe Friday.

Morning sunshine makes views of the Gorge from the paraglider launch site snowy and stunning. A small amount of walking over hard snow is required right after crossing Courtney Road.

Get it while you can!

(No, no pix, way too cold to stop!)
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Hospital is froze too

Quote Originally Posted by kosmo
    No, not in the grocery store meat department!

Sub-zero weather in Hood River has rendered Coyote Cliffs rock solid, high traction, and mud free -- at least in the morning hours. This should last through at least Thursday, and maybe Friday.

Morning sunshine makes views of the Gorge from the paraglider launch site snowy and stunning. A small amount of walking over hard snow is required right after crossing Courtney Road.

Get it while you can!

(No, no pix, way too cold to stop!)
    We rode it but eventually ran into too much snow up top. Great time of year to tear it up. I wish I had the discipline and balls to ride before work at Syncline....

Jaybo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    We rode it but eventually ran into too much snow up top. Great time of year to tear it up. I wish I had the discipline and balls to ride before work at Syncline....

Jaybo
    Get a freezing night ride in then, about same temp as early morning.

Solo night ride at Coyote, not recommended on the safety front, but would be pretty exhilerating. That's my next night ride with my couga' pals and their glowing eyes lurking.

JG
    Ride On!