Frosty Goodness.. A day At Dallas

Mt Hood

Group Shot (Steve, John, Paul and Me)

Paul Representin on the SS

Steve on Applegate

Steve on Burma

Paul, exiting Burma

Bottom of Burma

Steve and Paul rode once around the loop, John and I did two laps today. I felt better on the second lap than I did on the first one.. I don't think John felt better on the second lap...

We rode 1920 - Applegate - Burma - Treefort - Tanglewood etc...
    Last edited by Brandon; 02-20-2006 at 12:27 AM.

mtbr member

Damn Nice!

I can't believe how much snow is up @ Dallas...I was at Falls city yesterday-not a trace.
    Thanks for posting pics-looks like fun up there. I'll have to get out there soon.
    John
    Beer has food value. Food has no beer value.

mtbr member
    Is there a good bike shop in the Dallas area that can point people in the right direction of the trails or provide maps of the area. I get down there quite often and seeing those pics will bring the bike along next time.

meatier showers

Yo Brand-1

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon
    ...We rode 1920 - Applegate - Burma - Treefort - Tanglewood etc...
    When y'all gunna invite yer fella Disciples of Dirt up for a Dallas gropefest?

It dun binnawile, yaw.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac1911
    Is there a good bike shop in the Dallas area that can point people in the right direction of the trails or provide maps of the area. I get down there quite often and seeing those pics will bring the bike along next time.
    The Burma Peak map is available on the Blackrock web site and at Santiam Bikes in Salem. It is a very good map, but you'll never find your way with out a guide.
    Start off slow & taper off from there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    When y'all gunna invite yer fella Disciples of Dirt up for a Dallas gropefest?

It dun binnawile, yaw.

--Sparty
    Y'all have an open invite.. I'm sure we could arrange something.

Last time I put out an invite everyone went somewhere else. I just got back from doing some brushing on the Applegate trail. We lost a couple trails last year to logging

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Biker75
    I can't believe how much snow is up @ Dallas...I was at Falls city yesterday-not a trace.
    Thanks for posting pics-looks like fun up there. I'll have to get out there soon.
    John
    The snow was patchy.. There were spots like where Burma exits that were pretty solid but higher up there was large sections without any snow. The frost heave is probably going to make the area pretty sloppy when it thaws out. Iwas up there today doing some maintenance on Applegate and everything is still pretty frozen.

mtbr member

Santiam bikes in Dallas now, too

They have a new(ish) location in Dallas now-they can send you in the right direction. Its just west of the main downtown area on the road towards Falls City.
    Beer has food value. Food has no beer value.

mtbr member
    Here's a map I made a couple years ago.. It doesn't have Applegate and Hobbit and velvet are now gone (logging)

http://cgi.peak.org/~merryc/crankcha...20Overview.pdf

mtbr member
    That climb, while not terribly long, is tough on round 2. I ran outta leg on the 2nd go around, but it was a great training ride and a great ride overall! The weather was sunny and very clear, albeit a little cold at the top and in the snow zones. The trails were hard and crunchy, but overall a great day. It'll be mucky when the frost heaves melt and get mushy this week.

mtbr member
    We should plan a Dallas ride - the trails are fun and when not too sloppy it can provide lots of trails to explore.