Est. 1971
    Jan 2004

New question here. Freeride near Bend?

I was flipping through a mtb magazine Saturday night, I can't remember which one, I want to say "Mountain Biking". They had an article about a photo contest in Bend. A few of the photos show some really nice technical trails at a supposed freeride spot named 'C.O.D.' near or behind Summit High School.

Any Bend locals know this spot?
    -Tim B
    Larry of the Swiss Alps

Muy Borracho

c.o.d.

C.O.D. is a trail on the south side of the Phil's network, right off of Century. There are a few techy spots, I haven't seen the magazine. post a pic? There is a new Freeride area which the locals are starting to really focus on, it's called "The Lair". I know COTA had a big work party there last weekend. I think every Wednesday people are working on it as well. It's close to the intersection of C.O.D and E.L.V. Buy a map,.

Mike

mtbr member
    This summer held the annual freeride photo contest in Bend. It was not widely advertised since it is already pretty popular and the organizer I guess did not want it to get too big. People were given clues and had to come back hours later with photos to turn in, doing freeride shots in different places.
    One of the places in the Slalom Track off of Skyliner Road up from Phil's Trailhead and Summit High. That is open for all, you can follow the now filled in fire road that goes West from Phil's Trailhead or look for the next parking spot on Skyliner Rd and it will be at the top of the track.
    The Lair is the new Freeride area given to COTA and us riders after Wanoga fell through due to animal conservatory. Sam Pinner is the lead guy and with help from many in the community there are a few tracks out there already put in. Everything looks AMAZING, now we just need some rain to settle the dirt and harden it for riding.
    Yes, crews were going out every Wednesday after 5pm, but have been ditched because of daylight, now this winter on weekend days after 1pm is a better time. You can reach Sam at sampinner@bendbroadband.com. (Sam randomly just came in my office). He would love all the help he could get.
    Buying a map also really won't help you since it is yet on any. Just contact Sam.
    Cog Wild Mountain Bike Tours & Shuttles
    Sponsored by Deschutes Brewery!! Come ride..